[uruknet.info] - [daily information from occupied iraq] - [newsletter 13Jul 2005 - Part Two]

  uruknet.info
  «Ë-Ë“Ê Æ‰Ê·Ë
:: information from occupied iraq
:: informazione dall'iraq occupato

Special Forces Nabs 286th Key Zarqawi Aide
(satire)
Stan Goff, Feral Scholar
(Reuters) July 20, 2005 - American Special Operations forces, in an
audacious operation near Mosul, have captured another key lieutenant of
Iraq’s al Qaeda leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, General John Abazaid said on
Wednesday. The Central Command (Centcom) commander, speaking in a
commanding voice, told “Wolf Blitzer Live” that Delta Force commandos have
captured Zarqawi biological weapons commandant Haafez Abu Ali, in ! a
daring daylight raid against his vast underground biological weapons
laboratory. “This was Zarqawi’s main leader in Mosul” said Abazaid, “after
we captured his 47 other main leaders in Mosul. We are working our way
through his chain of command”...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13688&s2=14>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13688

CHANGING HISTORY
Malcom Lagauche
Journalists and historians have been granted the most power on Earth: they
can change things that have already happened. It is amazing how a couple of
years can not only create a cataclysmic situation in Iraq, but how the
history of the country prior to March 2003 changes daily. Much of the
change comes not from U.S. administration officials, but from the so-called
"progressive" press that opposes the U.S. occupation of Iraq. They might as
well post a map of Iraq with a target...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13685&s2=14>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13685

The Corporate Media Begins to Connect the Dots
Anthony Wade, www.opednews.com
...Karl Rove is paid to be an advisor. In that capacity he should not have
had the access to the identity of Valerie Plame; dot number one. Judith
Miller never wrote an article about this, yet was willing to go to jail
instead of reveal her source; dot number two. Valerie Plame was working on
the very issue, WMD, which Bush was pretending at the time he wanted to
protect us from; dot number three. All of these things point back to the !
Downing Street Memos which prove impeachable offenses; dot number four.
Connect the dots. Call a liar a liar. Call a traitor a traitor. It is time
for the house of cards to fall...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13676&s2=14>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13676

Killing Joke: The Day the American Republic Died
Chris Floyd , Empire Burlesque
Bob Herbert, who has been incandescent for months now, usefully reminds us
of the comedy routine that Bush performed for a sycophantic audience of TV
and radio "journalists" back in March 2004: the infamous "hunt for WMD" in
the Oval Office. As you'll recall, this was a series of cutesy shots
showing Bush peering behind the office curtains, looking under the rug
while cracking wise: "No weapons of mass destruction under here! Maybe th!
ey're over here?" and so on. I thought then – and still think – that this
performance was one of the most revealing – and sickening – episodes in
American political history. The cynicism of it defies belief, outstrips all
comprehension...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13678&s2=14>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13678

The difference between Sibel Edmonds' case and the Downing Street Memos
Mike Mejia, Online Journal Contributing Writer
In a recent editorial, Online Journal writer W. David Jenkins III called on
the Internet community to push the story of fired FBI translator Sibel
Edmonds back into the mainstream media, as they have with the so-called
Downing Street Memos. Ms. Edmonds once had the pleasure of mainstream media
attention in 2002, when she claimed that the FBI translation program was
penetrated by a Turkish organiz! ation that deliberately mistranslated
documents related to 9–11, but her story was lost down our collective
memory mole once the drums for the Iraq war started to beat...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13684&s2=14>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13684

The Greatest Evil : By an Aspiring US Congressman
Anwaar Hussain & Steve Moyer, Fountainhead
...Yesterday Scott McClellan, the President's Press Secretary, denied any
wrongdoing in prior statements about Karl Rove even though the truth is now
plainly obvious. He simply wants us to forget about it. Of course, his boss
has denied any evildoing with regards to the "War on Terror." Karl Rove
denies any evildoing with regards to Joe Wilson's wife. Republicans deny
any evildoing in supporting this President. Supreme C! ourt Justice Sandra
Day O'Connor denies any evildoing in "selecting" him to be President. And
the people deny any evildoing by voting for him and the Republican Congress
which supports him. We all know what we are doing. We are doing evil...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13682&s2=14>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13682

Fire and Bomb Resistant IDs in London
Kurt Nimmo, Another Day in the Empire
Cockamamie. No other way to describe it. The Boston Herald tells us the
“terrorists” (possible patsies) in London “were all carrying personal
documents” because “they wanted their identities to be known,” according to
the Times of London. You’d think if this was indeed the case the
“terrorists” (patsies) would have sent a statement to the newspapers, put a
message on the internet, done something to leave a mark. Nope. Instead they
left be! hind their IDs and such...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13689&s2=14>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13689

Depraved War Crime: Pentagon Thugs Destroy 5,000 Years Of History
Evan Augustine Peterson III, J.D., Axis of Logic
...Furthermore, the Pentagon's thuggish brass and ignorant field marshals
have been willfully implementing the destruction of the world's oldest
archaeological sites. For instance, they've constructed a
vibrationally-pulverizing US air base adjacent to the Ziggurat. And they've
been conducting archaeologically-damaging military operations next to the
Biblically-significant ancient cities of Ur (the p! atriarch Abraham's
birthplace) and Babylon (site of the Babylonian Captivity and the
Handwriting On The Wall)...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13674&s2=14>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13674

Iraqi Sunnis Allege Human Rights Abuse
BASSEM MROUE, Associated Press Writer
Sunni Arab clerics raised new allegations Wednesday of human rights abuses
by Iraq's mostly Shiite security forces, an issue complicating American
efforts to reach out to a disaffected community whose members fill
insurgency ranks. Bodies of 11 Sunni men were found Wednesday, hours after
Iraqi security forces apparently rounded them up in early morning raids,
said two major Sunni groups -- the Association of Muslim Scholars and the
gover! nment's Shiite Endowments. The dead included Sunni cleric Dia
Mohammed al-Janabi, an association member. He and others were taken to a
house in a Shiite neighborhood "where they were tortured before being
executed," said a colleague, Sheik Hassan Sabri Salman...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13690&s2=14>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13690

The Spin Cycle
Countering the Bush Disinformation Machine with the Truth
Anthony Wade, www.opednews.com
The GOP-bought disinformation spin machine is in hyperdrive right now over
the Valerie Plame Treasongate so it is crucial that we all keep focused and
remember the salient points, lest we get confused with the smoke and
mirrors being brought out to distract and confound. These are the facts. 1)
Under section 421 of the Intelligence Identities Protection Act, the
disclosure of “ANY INFORMATION ! identifying a covert agent” is illegal. 2)
In the released Cooper email, it is quite clear that Karl Rove stated that
Joseph Wilson’s wife was an agent working for the CIA on WMD...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13687&s2=14>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13687

On Iraq-Jordan Border, Various Roles Play Out in Desert
Jon Elmer, The NewStandard.
...After the fall of Saddam Hussein’s regime, Bilal applied for a nursing
position at Baghdad’s biggest hospital, Madinat Al-Tib -- Medicine City.
But when he called on his school to obtain his nursing records, Bilal
learned that the files had gone missing when looters stole the school’s
computers during the chaos that swept over Baghdad in the first days of US
occupation. "All of my records were destroyed. You must have seen this! on
TV," he said, referring to the riotous images broadcast around the world in
the days following the fall of Baghdad. "‘You’re free, take what you
want,’" Bilal mimicked sardonically, a reference to Rumsfeld’s infamous
statement in the second week of April: "Freedom’s untidy, and free people
are free to make mistakes and commit crimes and do bad things."...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13686&s2=14>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13686

Not Enough Caskets for the Iraqi Dead
Cihan News Agency
...While casket prices increased due to the ever increasing demand, it is
impossible to find caskets for the bodies of the poor and homeless. The
price of a coffin varies from between $35 and $50 in Bagdat (Baghdad), in a
city where one person dies every hour. Caskets have become a major
necessity of the country due to the increasing number of deaths...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13683&s2=14>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13683

GOP congressman says media should be 'shot' over Rove focus
RAW STORY
...And Joe Wilson has no right to complain. And I think people like Tim
Russert and the others, who gave this guy such a free ride and all the
media, they're the ones to be shot, not Karl Rove. Listen, maybe Karl Rove
was not perfect. We live in an imperfect world. And I give him credit for
having the guts...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13675&s2=14>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13675

<http://www.uruknet.info>www.uruknet.info: a site gathering daily
information concerning occupied Iraq: news, analysis, documents and texts
of iraqi resistance available in Italian and English.

You receive this newsletter because you subscribed it. If you think it has
been an abuse, or simply if you don't want to receive it any more, to
unsubscribe from our newsletter, please write to
<mailto:webmaster at uruknet.info?subject=UNSUBSCRIBE>webmaster at uruknet.info
If you cannot read correctly our newsletter, please write to
<mailto:webmaster at uruknet.info?subject=ONLYTEXT>webmaster at uruknet.info to
get the text-version.