[uruknet.info] - [daily information from occupied iraq] - [newsletter 13 Jul 2005 - Part One]

  uruknet.info
  «Ë-Ë“Ê Æ‰Ê·Ë
:: information from occupied iraq
:: informazione dall'iraq occupato

Iraqi civilian casualties
128,000 Civilian Deaths Since Invasion
UNITED PRESS INTERNATIONAL
An Iraqi humanitarian organization is reporting that 128,000 Iraqis have
been killed since the U.S. invasion began in March 2003. Mafkarat al-Islam
reported that chairman of the 'Iraqiyun humanitarian organization in
Baghdad, Dr. Hatim al-'Alwani, said that the toll includes everyone who has
been killed since that time, adding that 55 percent of those killed have
been women and children aged 12 and under. 'Iraqi! yun obtained data from
relatives and families of the deceased, as well as from Iraqi hospitals in
all the country's provinces. The 128,000 figure only includes those whose
relatives have been informed of their deaths and does not include those
were abducted, assassinated or simply disappeared...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13663&s2=14>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13663

Blaming Internet for Jihad, bombings & resistance
Henk Ruyssenaars
The US's - and globally similar main$tream media - proceed advocating
'regulation' of Internet more and more, which is a bad omen. In an
article*- today in the formerly respected American neocon paper 'The
Christian Science Monitor', it is even referred to as a fact that 'Iraq and
Internet fuel the growth of the 'global jihad', as the resistance against
the present wars of occupation is called. The regulation/censorship will be
justified by menaci! ngly asking: "Or do you want small children to see
porno, or do you want to support the terrorists?" The media seem to be
preparing the people for the idea that Internet must be emasculated and
closed soon, 'being a part of the global jihad' - against the US, Israel,
and their collaborators in the by them fomented 'War Of Terror'...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13661&s2=14>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13661

Terror is Created by Arrogance and Ignorance
Ibrahim Ebeid, Al-Moharer
...No one can condone the killing of innocent people whether in London,
Palestine or in Iraq. The killing of innocents is a crime against humanity
and it should be condemned as well (...) The war on "Terror" is in deed a
war of terror that is terrorizing the Iraqis and all the innocent citizens
of the countries who are occupying Iraq and unwisely supporting the
"Israeli" atrocities in Palestine. The Americans and Britons should ask
themselves ! seriously and solemnly who is behind it all? Why terrorism is
spreading and who created it? As an American from Palestinian background,
as a victim of Zionist terror who was expelled from his birthplace in 1948
, as a US veteran from the Vietnam era who lost friends in the illegitimate
Vietnam War, I call upon my fellow Americans to stand firmly against the
Blair Bush War. Let us bring our troops home and put a stop to the
bloodshed at once...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13670&s2=14>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13670

What`s the Real Story on Karl Rove?
Jude Wanniski
...I certainly have no idea what's in those eight blank pages, but I do
know the Plame case involved President Bush's assertion in his State of the
Union Address prior to the decision to invade Iraq that Saddam Hussein had
been attempting to buy "yellowcake," clear proof that he was still
attempting to reconstitute a nuclear arsenal. It turns out that before the
President made this assertion to the nation, members of his team, including
CIA Director George Tenet, ! knew the documents supposedly proving Iraq's
interest in yellowcake had been forged, and they also knew Joseph Wilson
had returned from Niger months before the State of the Union address with a
report that the information was false (...) The Niger "yellowcake" story is
a more serious problem for the administration, because it would be
practically impossible to believe the President was misled at that late
date if the man closest to him, Karl Rove, knew there was nothing to the
Niger story but let the President go ahead with it anyway without telling
him it was false...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13673&s2=14>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13673

Stories From the Front
Cindy Sheehan
...As long as our young people are being lied to and used so dishonorably
in an unjust invasion and occupation of another country; as long as they
are fighting for a corrupt government and still without the proper
equipment, food, training, or leadership; as long as moms are having to
hold bake sales to buy their sons body armor; as long as our soldiers are
being held against their wills long after they have done their duty; as
long as they are being sent to kill innocent peop! le; military service
should be opposed. Let’s affirm life in the fullest for everybody: the
unfortunate, uncounted people living Iraq who are "acceptable" collateral
damage to the war hawks, and our own indispensable loved ones. The only way
to support our troops is to bring them home from this mess – now...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13664&s2=14>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13664

US Army Uses Iraqi Children As Human Shields Again
Raed Jarrar, Raed in the Middle
...Niki linked to a US soldier's blog some months ago quoting him saying:
"I'm going to probably buy alot of candy when I goto the PX in the camp.
That way, I can hand it out to the kids. They'll be more likely to help us
avoid things we wouldn't otherwise be able to avoid if not for them". Maybe
some of these quotes were the reason why A 3 star General approved an
"order" that all milbloggers have to tell their chain of co! mmand about
their blog . It seems we won't be enjoying some new smart quotes any
more... Using kids as human shields is such a shameful US Army policy. It's
one of the worst policies in the illegal occupation that caused the death
of hundreds of thousands of Iraqis till now. Stop killing us and leave
already!...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13666&s2=14>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13666

More US War Crimes
Cold Blooded Murders in Iraq
BRIAN CLOUGHLEY, CounterPunch
The news about the ambassador of Iraq to the UN revealing that US Marines
murdered his cousin on June 25 has been swamped by cover of the terrorist
bombings in London. The scale of the atrocities cannot be compared, but the
moral difference is that the bombings were carried out by demented
criminals while the murder was committed by people in uniform who are
supposed to be exercising, abiding by, and illustrating by personal e!
xample, the laws of democratic societies (...) Nobody knows how many of
these atrocities are committed, because the people killed are not cousins
of the Iraqi ambassador to the UN. Bombings in London are important news,
and justifiably so, because they are detestable and committed by
anarchistic lunatics; but casual murders of Iraqis are treated as trivial
incidents that do not merit reports (never mind condemnation) in the US
media. All the Iraqis who have been murdered by US troops just disappear
into nothing...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13660&s2=14>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13660

The birth of the London bomb Official Story
Xymphora
You can practically hear the click at that moment in the life of every
conspiracy when the police investigation turns into the Official Story. At
that point, the investigation is intended to 'fix the facts' to the
Official Story, and the cover-up begins. The story of the London bombs has
made this transformation within the last twenty-four hours. The authorities
thought it was small bombs with timers or triggered by cell phones and
almost certainly not a suicid! e bomb attack; now they claim with certainty
that the bombs were accompanied by handlers, some or all of whom may have
died in the blasts, possibly by accident and probably intentionally (which
means they were suicide bombers, as it is extremely unlikely that all four
made a mistake). The original story was that it was an international al
Qaeda operation; now it is British Muslims. In just a day or two,
everything has changed...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13652&s2=14>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13652

The US ship is sinking, wake up US citizens!
Abu Assur, Al-Moharer
The US vessel is cracked. The salty waters of the ocean are about to engulf
the ship from everywhere. US citizens, again! Wake up! Kick out your
captain Bush. How can you trust a Captain who is a liar, a crook and a
drunkard? The US deserve better captain than this cynical individual who
doesn't respect his soldiers and the bereaved families of the US young
fallen for his petrol clan! It is not too late to rebel against Bush
Mafiosi clan! It is be! tter late than ever...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13671&s2=14>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13671

Bush and Blair’s ‘Prime Evil’
William Bowles, I'n'I
...After all, slavery and colonialism was justified because those we
enslaved and colonised were neither Christian nor white, ergo less than
human. The ‘logic’ is frightening and inexorable for it shows why we can
drop napalm, white phosphorus, cluster bombs and 1000lb bombs on women and
children in Iraq and call it ‘collateral damage’ because essentially, they
are less than human. The ‘rules’ by which we live do not apply to those who
are ‘darker than blue’. Th! e terrible irony of Blair evoking religious
imagery in a country as secular as Britain, with only around 2% of the
population actually attending a church, is not lost on me but of course,
the use of such imagery does not depend directly on one’s belief in a
particular deity but on being immersed in a culture that has successfully
inculcated the idea of it being superior to all others...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13668&s2=14>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13668

The Ongoing Battle In The Zaydan Area*
A declaration from the High information Committee of the National Forces
which reject the Occupation (Wahaj al-Iraq)) about the present ongoing
battle in the Zaydan area south east of Fallujah
High committee of the National Forces against the Occupation (Wahaj al- Iraq)
The High information Committee of the National Forces which reject the
Occupation (Wahaj al-Iraq)) has received confirmed information that the
heroic national resistance forces are enduring! at this very moment
ferocious battles in the area of Zaydan in the south east of Fallujah with
the Occupation forces and the Puppet authority forces which launched their
new military operation in the Al Anbar province near the City of Fallujah
where these forces numbering more than five hundred US soldiers (the
marines) backed by more than one hundred and fifty elements from the puppet
authority army trying to get control over the area in an already failed
operation called the curved sword...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13672&s2=14>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13672

Mission Accomplished: Brits Embrace Police State
Kirt Nimmo, Another day in the empire
“News of the breakthrough comes as a Times poll conducted in the aftermath
of the bombings indicates that an overwhelming majority of the British
public favors a tough approach to terrorist suspects,” reports the Times
Online. “Almost 90 per cent of people want the police to be given new
powers to arrest people suspected of planning terrorist acts, tighter
immigration controls and strict baggage inspections.” Never mind none of!
this will prevent “terrorism,” especially state-sponsored terrorism...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13669&s2=14>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13669

It's Only Isolated Pockets of Problems
The Fake Optimism of Washington's Warriors
NORMAN SOLOMON, CounterPunch
...Washington's warriors insist that Iraq is not Vietnam. Any geographer
would certainly agree. But imperial wars share similar characteristics --
including the profound fact that the people who live in a country are more
committed to it than the invaders are. This war can't be won for reasons
that have everything to do with why it's wrong. The occupiers are on the
lowest moral ground. No amoun! t of fake optimism in Washington can change
such realities in Iraq...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13659&s2=14>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13659

Playing the Ansar al-Islam Card Against Iran
Kurt Nimmo, Another day in the empire
Every time the corporate media makes mention of Ansar al-Islam—most
recently declaring the Kurdish group has links to Iran—I am reminded of
something Mullah Krekar (aka Najm al-Din Faraj Ahmad, Najmuddin Faraj
Ahmad, and Fateh Najm Eddine Farraj, the “missing link” between Saddam and
al-Qaeda, according to Colin Powell) one time head of the group, told
al-Hayat: “I had a meeting with a CIA representative and someone from the
Ameri! can army in the town of Sulaymaniya (Iraqi Kurdistan) at the end of
2000. They asked us to collaborate with them … but we refused to do so.”
Maybe he did politely refuse, but it should be noted Krekar studied under
the Palestinian scholar Abdullah Azzam, the mentor of Osama bin Laden...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13657&s2=14>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13657

Exit Strategy: Within Reach?
Pressure Mounting from Inside and Outside Iraq as 2006 Elections Come
Within Sight
Kevin Zeese, Democracy Rising
The pressure for an exit strategy in Iraq is mounting. In the U.S., Great
Britain and Iraq talk of an exit strategy is increasing. Robert Novak, the
columnist who fingered Valerie Plume as a CIA agent, wrote on March 28 that
there is a “determination in the Bush administration to begin irreversible
withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq this year.” A leaked Downing Street!
document reports this week on planning for a massive troop reduction next
year. In Congress, even Republicans in the House are coming out for an exit
from Iraq – in private there are many more Republicans expressing concerns
about the war...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13665&s2=14>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13665

London Underground Exercises and the Magically Exploding Terrorists:
Important Questions
Paul Joseph Watson & Alex Jones
Since we posted our original article about the exercises being conducted on
the London Underground which targeted the exact same spots as the bombings
that happened on the morning of Thursday 7th July, a firestorm of interest
on the subject has swept the internet. Important questions need to be asked
of both Peter Power and Visor Consultants, the agency who were running the
drill. In both the ! ITN TV interview and the BBC radio interview Peter
Power makes it clear that the team of crisis managers who were overseeing
the drill quickly switched from exercise planning to real time management
of the actual bombing itself...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13656&s2=14>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13656

Mr. Rove and the Access of Evil
Greg Palast
...But the weasel who whispered "Valerie Plame" in Miller's ear was no
source. Whether it was Karl Rove or some other Rove-tron inside the Bush
regime (and no one outside Bush's band would have had this information),
this was an official using his official info to commit a crime for the sole
purpose of punishing a REAL whistleblower, Joseph Wilson, Plame's husband,
for questioning our President's mythological premise for war in Iraq...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13662&s2=14>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13662

Iraqi Resistance Report for events of Tuesday, 12 July 2005
Translated and/or compiled by Muhammad Abu Nasr, member, editorial board,
the Free Arab Voice.
...In a dispatch posted at 2:25pm Mecca time Tuesday afternoon, Mafkarat
al-Islam reported that it had learned that US occupation forces and their
Iraqi stooges had withdrawn from the center of Tall ‘Afar after fierce
fighting that raged throughout the central, northern, and eastern parts of
the city at midday Tuesday. Witnesses told the Tall ‘Afar corresponde! nt
for Mafkarat al-Islam that Resistance fighters armed with light and medium
weapons, including RPG7 rocket-propelled grenades, BKC machine guns, pipe
rockets, and bombs battled the Americans and the puppet Iraqi troops in the
city...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13651&s2=14>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13651

Online Video of George Tenet 9/11 Lie at OU Speech
Michael P. Wright Norman, Bellaciao
Former CIA director George Tenet has publicly accused Time magazine of
making a false report about the agency’s conduct shortly before the 9/11
attack. The accusation was made during a speech at the University of
Oklahoma on March 8, 2005. According to Time, in August 2001 the CIA had
misinformed the FBI about Zacarias Moussaoui, who was later indicted and
accused of conspiring with the 9/11 terrorists. Moussaoui has now pled g!
uilty to all charges in the indictment...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13650&s2=14>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13650

Stop Shooting Journalists
Aaron Glantz, CommonDreams.org
...In the last three weeks, the American soldiers have killed at least four
journalists in Iraq – each while the reporter was driving his car. Two of
the cases are especially telling. There is the case of Yasser Salihee, an
Iraqi correspondent for Knight-Ridder newspapers. He was driving alone in
his own West Baghdad neighborhood when an American sniper’s bullet pierced
his windshield and struck him in the head as he approached a U.S. military
patrol. Four ! days later, a news producer for Iraq’s independent (that is
not controlled by the occupation) TV-station, al-Sharqiyah, was shot to
death as he drove to his in-laws home in Southern Baghdad...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13653&s2=14>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13653

Children killed in Baghdad car blast
Aljzeera.net
Up to 27 people, including seven children, have been killed and at least 18
wounded by a car bomb in Baghdad. The attack on Wednesday occurred near a
patrol of US forces, police sources said. US troops said one US soldier and
many Iraqi civilians were killed by the blast, including at least seven
Iraqi children. Three US soldiers were among the wounded...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13658&s2=14>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13658

<http://www.uruknet.info>www.uruknet.info: a site gathering daily
information concerning occupied Iraq: news, analysis, documents and texts
of iraqi resistance available in Italian and English.

You receive this newsletter because you subscribed it. If you think it has
been an abuse, or simply if you don't want to receive it any more, to
unsubscribe from our newsletter, please write to
<mailto:webmaster at uruknet.info?subject=UNSUBSCRIBE>webmaster at uruknet.info
If you cannot read correctly our newsletter, please write to
<mailto:webmaster at uruknet.info?subject=ONLYTEXT>webmaster at uruknet.info to
get the text-version.