Sept 24-26 Mobe: Spread the Word!

ACTION ALERT * UNITED FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=21198655&url_num=1&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org>http://www.unitedforpeace.org
| 212-868-5545
To subscribe, visit
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=21198655&url_num=2&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/email>http://www.unitedforpeace.org/email

<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=21198655&url_num=3&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/fallmobe>SPREAD
THE WORD ABOUT THE SEPT. 24-26 ANTI-WAR MOBILIZATION IN WASHINGTON, D.C.!
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=21198655&url_num=4&url=http://unitedforpeace.org/article.php?id=2872>Leaflets
and
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=21198655&url_num=5&url=http://unitedforpeace.org/article.php?id=2893>website
banners now available online
Distribute and repost widely!

People from all around the United States are already making plans to join
United for Peace and Justice for three major days of action against the war
in Washington, D.C., from September 24-26.

For this mobilization to be truly massive and reflective of the
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=21198655&url_num=6&url=http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/06/20/poll/index.html>solid
anti-war majority in the country, we need to begin spreading the word now
-- in every community, large and small; at summer festivals, concerts, and
gatherings; on progressive and activist listservs; and throughout the
blogosphere. The political momentum in Congress is
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=21198655&url_num=7&url=http://unitedforpeace.org/article.php?id=2896>finally
beginning to turn against the Iraq war -- we need to converge in Washington
in vast numbers this September to build on this momentum and hold Bush and
Congress accountable for the death and destruction.

<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=21198655&url_num=8&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/fallmobe>United
for Peace and Justice has created several new resources to help you do
exactly that. Visit the
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=21198655&url_num=9&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/fallmobe>Fall
2005 Mobilization section of our website today, where you will find
English- and Spanish-language leaflets, including a version that can be
easily modified for local use, plus an assortment of website banners and
buttons for posting on websites, blogs, and Indymedia sites.

Whether you belong to an anti-war group or are an individual outraged by
the Bush disaster in Iraq, there's much you can do to help publicize the
fall mobilization.
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=21198655&url_num=10&url=http://unitedforpeace.org/article.php?id=2872>Download
our leaflets, photocopy them, and post them in prominent locations in your
city or town. Pass them out at the next public event you attend.
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=21198655&url_num=11&url=http://unitedforpeace.org/article.php?id=2893>Post
our website banners on your website or blog, and distribute information
about the fall mobilization by email.

You can also help build the fall anti-war mobilization by making an
urgently needed donation to United for Peace and Justice -- either a
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=21198655&url_num=12&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/donate>one-time
gift or a regular pledge through our
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=21198655&url_num=13&url=http://unitedforpeace.org/sustainer>new
sustainer program.

And begin making your travel plans for September now! Join us for the
massive march of Saturday, September 24, or stay through the weekend. There
will be an Interfaith Service against the war on Sunday, September 25, as
well as an array of grassroots trainings. On Monday, September 26, we're
organizing a massive grassroots Lobby Day and a mass nonviolent civil
disobedience action.

United for Peace and Justice welcomes any group that shares our goals and
wishes to organize a contingent or feeder march in our massive march on
Saturday, September 24. There will also be a whole host of other anti-war
activities to participate in throughout the weekend. Visit
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=21198655&url_num=14&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/fallmobe>http://www.unitedforpeace.org/fallmobe
regularly for updates and more details.

Together we can end this immoral and illegal war! See you in September!

ACTION ALERT * UNITED FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=21198655&url_num=15&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org>http://www.unitedforpeace.org
| 212-868-5545
To subscribe, visit <>http://www.unitedforpeace.org/email
To unsubscribe, visit
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=21198655&url_num=18&url=http://www.demaction.org/ufpj/unsubscribe.jsp>http://www.demaction.org/ufpj/unsubscribe.jsp

<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=21198655&url_num=19&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/sustainer>Join
UFPJ's sustainer program today by making a monthly pledge of $5, $10, or
more!