(Fwd) NO DEATH PENALTY

From:           	"Valeria" <vpontic at tin.it>
To:             	<comitatoedwardgreen at mailcity.com>
Subject:        	NO DEATH PENALTY
Date sent:      	Mon, 6 Mar 2000 00:33:02 +0100

Cari Amici,

il 23 Marzo è programmata l'esecuzione di Robert Glen Coe nello stato del
Tennessee, che dal 1960 non esegue condanne a morte. Vi prego di
chiedere al
governatore Don Sundquist di fermare quest'esecuzione. E' assurdo che,
dopo
QUARANTA ANNI di abolizionismo de facto, il Tennesse ricorra ad una tale
barbarie. Alla fine del messaggio allego un breve appello che si può inviare
per
e-mail al governatore. Inoltrate questo appello a quanti conoscete. Per
ulteriori informazioni sul caso di Coe:
 http://www.ncadp.org/3-00-Alert.html
Grazie per il vostro sostegno.

Valeria Ponticiello
Caolizione Italiana contro la pena di morte
http://utenti.tripod.it/coalit_icadp

Dear Friends,
Robert Glen Coe execution is scheduled on 23 March in Tennessee, this state
doesn't carry out any execution from 1960. I beg you to ask the Governor Don
Sundquist to stop this execution. It's absurd, after 40 YEARS of abolitionism de
facto, the State of Tennessee could act with this cruelty. At the end of this
message there is a short appeal you could send to Governor by e-mail. Please,
send this appeal to everyone you know.
 For further information about Coe case: http://www.ncadp.org/3-00-Alert.html
Thank you very much for your support

Valeria Ponticiello
Italian coalition to abolish death penalty
http://utenti.tripod.it/coalit_icadp

Governor Don Sundquist
State Capitol Nashville, TN
37243-0001
(615) 741-2001-phone
(615) 532-9711-fax
dsundquist at mail.state.tn.us

                Dear Governor,

We have been informed that the execution of Robert Glen Coe, currently convicted
on death row in the State of Tennessee, has been scheduled for March 23rd. We
are not arguing about him being guilty or innocent, we just ask you to show your
clemency by granting him a commutation of the death sentence. We have the
greatest respect for the judicial system of your State and for the pursuit of
justice that it endeavors, in favor of both the society and the victims. For
this, we hope that you will not let the civil tradition of your State, which has
not carried out any execution for 40 years, be interrupted with such an
uncompassionate conclusion. Sincerely,

Signature