URGENT: It's time to boycott U.S. products

Dear Fellow Peace Activist:  (apologies for duplicate mailings)

As American peace activists, we are proposing to you and other
organizations a massive boycott of U.S.-made products. Such an
international movement could send the necessary shock waves to U.S. leaders
to deter them from the bellicose path currently being pursued.  The
pressure of a boycott could be extremely effective especially because of
the U.S. economy's precarious position since 9-11.  Perhaps unfairly this
puts the burden of action on non-U.S. citizens to resist this recent
imperialistic course, but please know that while we are almost at our wits
ends, we are doing everything possible to counter our government's
destructive actions.  Accordingly, we propose this with a deep sense of
solidarity and caring for peace and justice on Earth.

The success of the recent "Virtual March," in spreading the word within a
week's time, illustrates what is possible with our new communication
technology. But while the strength of the world peace movement is
significant, we need to increase our influence and impact-otherwise the
United States will continue to abuse its stature with ever more dire and
lasting consequences.

The impact of a boycott would significantly impact the consciousness of
U.S. residents who are increasingly questioning the current leadership, and
it will send a strong message to political leaders around the world.

The peace movement here is gaining strength, but we are still in a minority
(the only place in the world where this is true, other than Israel). The
general U.S. public cannot see the heart of the issues because of the
sophistication of the propaganda machine.

As this boycott catches on around the world, it will encourage/force many
in this country to rethink our national policies and priorities, and in
particular the cost and consequences of this and future wars.  Importantly,
it could expose U.S. government's bullying and exploitive tactics that are
destroying decades of multilateral precedents and good will: such as
happened at the Keoto, South Africa Human Rights event, and in our
disregard for international world courts, etc., etc.

The U.S. government is behaving irresponsibly and recklessly as a world
citizen in the 21st century. And we need to force the U.S. to reconsider
its positions.
* A widespread boycott would threaten the economic and political engine run
by the extremists who have taken control of the U.S. government.
* In the eyes of the U.S. public, an international boycott would be yet
another consequence resulting from the U.S.'s destructive foreign policies.
* For both these reasons, a boycott of U.S. goods would have serious and
immediate consequences for the political leadership in the U.S.

Please help spread the word and help the good citizens of the U.S. regain
control of their government, for the benefit of all peace-loving people in
the world.  The call to a boycott may just capture the imagination of the
global activist community and stir people's deep desire for peace!

Your help is needed. Please pass this on to key organizers, sister
organization, and your constituencies - and SPREAD THE WORD TO BOYCOTT U.S.
PRODUCTS.

Thank you!

In solidarity and peace,

U.S. Peace Activists