interview with Khalida Jarrar

http://palestinethinktank.com/2009/08/05/interview-with-khalida-jarrar-popular-front-for-the-liberation-of-palestine/

PTT has reprinted this important interview by Enrico Bartolomei with Khalida Jarrar. Some of her statements:

Listen, an Intifada needs leaders, but we do not have leaders. And it needs us to be united, but there is no unity at all. I think the moment for a third Intifada will come, the people will not wait for the situation to worsen forever, but now the priority is to be united as Palestinians.

We should define the stage in which we find ourselves, in order to set priorities: as Palestinians, we are facing a national and democratic struggle. You should look at the political agenda related to the occupation: now our national united struggle must be the priority, other times the social and democratic issues will be at the top of the political agenda. First of all, I think we should work to create a united national front among all the parties to immediately end the occupation.

Khalida Kan'an Muhammad Jarrar is a member of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine and the Palestinian Legislative Council.

She was active for a number of years in support of Palestinian prisoners, and she is the director of the Adameer Prisoners' Support and Human Rights Association in Ramallah. In 2005 the Israeli authorities refused to allow her to leave to attend a human rights conference in Ireland.

In the Palestinian legislative election, 2006 she was elected to the PLC as one of the PFLP's three deputies.