Throw a House Party for the State of the Union Address

<http://www.unitedforpeace.org>
ACTION ALERT * UNITED FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE
<http://www.unitedforpeace.org>www.unitedforpeace.org | 212-868-5545 |

Do you want to have stickers, posters, yard signs or DVDs on hand for your
party guests?
Order them today at our <http://www.unitedforpeace.org/catalog/>online store.

Dear Friend,

Does the thought of watching President Bush give the State of the Union
address alone leave you feeling a bit depressed?  We have the solution:
throw a house party to support UFPJ and your local peace and justice group.
And have fun!

To support your efforts in hosting a house party, we have prepared a
<http://www.unitedforpeace.org/article.php?id=3168>"Parties for Peace &
Justice" kit, with instructions and a timeline for throwing a house party,
a sample invitation, RSVP form and other support materials.

We encourage you to use this party planning kit throughout the year to
support UFPJ and your local group's work.  While you decide how to share
the money raised, we recommend a 50-50 split  between the local group and
UFPJ. (If you're not part of a local group, you can of course throw a house
party and donate the entire proceeds to UFPJ!)

Periodically throughout the year, we will provide tie-in themes, so your
house parties can be tied to a national effort.  We will soon be sending
you ideas for games, favors and talking points to use for Bush's State of
the Union Address, scheduled for January 31.

Because this is just around the corner, we are asking you to go to our site
and download the party kit today, and start planning!

We will send you another alert when the State of the Union kit is ready to
download (we want to get a better sense of the themes that Bush will be
using before finalizing our games!).

When you download the kit, please
<http://unitedforpeace.org/modinput4.php?modin=117>register your party with
United for Peace and Justice.  If you register your party, we will send a
weekly reminder to keep you on top of your to-do list and give you other
pointers and resources so you can make your party a success.

We hope that you will find this kit useful, and that it will help you to
develop the financial resources to support your local organizing work,
bring you together with other local activists and help you draw newcomers
into the peace and justice movement, as well as help raise money for UFPJ.
(And did we mention, have fun?)

Yours, for peace and justice,

National Staff  - United for Peace & Justice

ACTION ALERT * UNITED FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE
<http://www.unitedforpeace.org/>www.unitedforpeace.org | 212-868-5545
To subscribe, visit
<http://www.unitedforpeace.org/email>www.unitedforpeace.org/email

If you no longer wish to receive emails from us, visit
<http://www.demaction.org/ufpj/unsubscribe.jsp>www.demaction.org/ufpj/unsubscribe.jsp