I: [A.N.S.W.E.R.] Upcoming Events

----- Original Message -----
From: A.N.S.W.E.R.-SF
To: activist at actionsf.org
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2004 10:40 PM
Subject: [A.N.S.W.E.R.] Upcoming Events

In this message:

  a.. Weekly ANSWER Activist Meeting
  b.. Palestine Solidarity Action
  c.. ANSWER Forum - U.S. Threats on Cuba

----------

Tuesday, July 20, 7pm
ANSWER Activist Meeting
2489 Mission St., Room 30 (at 21st) San Francisco

Join us for a political update and discussion on the Middle East and elsewhere. Worksessions and organizing for upcoming events including the Palestine Solidarity Action; reports on preparations for the DNC protest and the upcoming ANSWER Forum on Cuba. Get involved, help build the movement!

----------

Saturday, July 24, 10am - 4pm
Bring Down the Israeli Apartheid Wall! Join the Solidarity Fast for Justice and Peace!

24th and Mission St. BART

In solidarity with the ongoing Palestinian hunger strike against the Israeli Apartheid Wall, and in honor of all who are struggling against war, racism and poverty across the globe, from Iraq, to Haiti, to Afghanistan and beyond, the Free Palestine Alliance calls for a "Solidarity Fast" in Tents of Justice and Peace throughout the country on 6 days beginning this Saturday, July 24.

Throughout these six days, we will raise our voices high so that policy makers of the twin parties and the elected president may hear our demand for justice and dignity. Our call for a Solidarity Fast comes in full solidarity with and as part of the various events and activities planned for all these days.  We call on all to join us in our fast as we pitch together Tents of Justice and Peace throughout the country, to culminate with joining the national counter-inaugural mobilization called for by the ANSWER Coalition in Washington, D.C. on January 20, 2005.

-- We will fast to bring down the Apartheid Wall that is placing the Palestinian people in a segregation prison of racism and bigotry.

-- We will fast to call for the right to return of the Palestinian people to their homes and homeland after 56 years of exile and dispossession.

-- We will fast to demand an end to the colonial occupation of Iraq that is masquerading in various forms.

-- We will fast in solidarity with all who are struggling against poverty, racism, and war - in the United States and across the world.

-- We will fast in honor of people's solidarity with each other, as we collectively reject segregation and Apartheid.

----------

Tuesday, July 27, 7pm
ANSWER Educational Forum

Eyewitness Report and Video: Defying Bush's Travel Ban and War Threats on Cuba
Women's Building (2nd Floor) 3543 18th St. between Valencia and Guerrero, San Francisco

This summer hundreds of people from the U.S. are defying the 45-year old U.S. travel prohibition to Cuba, by going there to show solidarity with the Cuban people, who have resisted four decades of blockade.

Hear from travelers who will have just returned, and an ANSWER update on the latest U.S. measures against Cuba. Report includes a video from the travel challenge.

$3-$10 Donation (no one turned away for lack of funds)

Free childcare available, call to reserve. Wheelchair accessible.

For more info, call 415-821-6545.

---------

   <activist-subscribe at actionsf.org>

To remove your address from the list, just send a message to
the address in the ``List-Unsubscribe'' header of any list
message. If you haven't changed addresses since subscribing,
you can also send a message to: