Fw: [A.N.S.W.E.R.] Bring Down the Israeli Apartheid Wall!

----- Original Message -----
From: A.N.S.W.E.R.-SF
To: activist at actionsf.org
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2004 10:20 PM
Subject: [A.N.S.W.E.R.] Bring Down the Israeli Apartheid Wall!

Bring Down the Israeli Apartheid Wall!
Join the Solidarity Fast for Justice and Peace!

In solidarity with the ongoing Palestinian hunger strike against the Israeli Apartheid Wall, and in honor of all who are struggling against war, racism and poverty across the globe, from Iraq, to Haiti, to Afghanistan and beyond, the Free Palestine Alliance calls for a "Solidarity Fast" in Tents of Justice and Peace throughout the country on the following 6 days.

·  July 24 and 25, 2004 - days leading up to the Democratic National Convention

·  August 28 and 29, 2004 - days leading up to the Republican National Convention

·  January 19 and 20, 2005 - the day before and day of the presidential inauguration

Throughout these six days, we will raise our voices high so that policy makers of the twin parties and the elected president may hear our demand for justice and dignity. Our call for a Solidarity Fast comes in full solidarity with and as part of the various events and activities planned for all these days. We call on all to join us in our fast as we pitch together Tents of Justice and Peace throughout the country, to culminate with joining the national counter-inaugural mobilization called for by the ANSWER Coalition in Washington, D.C. on January 20, 2005.

On these six days,

·  We will fast to bring down the Apartheid Wall that is placing the Palestinian people in a segregation prison of racism and bigotry.

·  We will fast to call for the right to return of the Palestinian people to their homes and homeland after 56 years of exile and dispossession.

·  We will fast to demand an end to the colonial occupation of Iraq that is masquerading in various forms.

·  We will fast in solidarity with all who are struggling against poverty, racism, and war - in the United States and across the world.

·  We will fast in honor of people's solidarity with each other, as we collectively reject segregation and Apartheid.

We envision Tents of Justice and Peace to be pitched in parks and other public areas during these days as homes for all those participating and supporting the Solidarity Fast. From Boston, to New York to Washington DC, from coast to coast and through the heartland of the United States, we extend our hand to all those struggling for justice, and ask that we join together in 6 days of teach-ins, solidarity, and mutual understanding in every neighborhood and town.

Just as we collectively transformed the Shanties of South Africa to symbols of struggle against Apartheid, our Tents will be erected to symbolize the fight against the new Apartheid - this time manifested most recently in concrete walls 25 feet high. The colonial occupation of Palestine must come to an end!

Let these Tents be our homes together, as we reject being pitted against each other - peoples and communities.

As did wooden planks and rusted metal sheets of the Shanties before, let every pole and rope of every Tent be the hope that defies the wretchedness of refugee camps, the misery of squalors across the world, the violence of colonial conquest, and the segregation of racism and hate.

For many years, Apartheid imprisoned Mandela and others in the notorious Robben Island prison. Today, the Israeli Apartheid Wall is transforming all Palestinian towns into Robben Islands.

On January 20, 2005, a president for the United States will be inaugurated in a global fanfare of the powerful. Removed from the choreographed inaugural facade will be the people of the world -- the very recipients of colonial violence and subjects of imperial domination. On that day and the listed days before, we call on our brothers and sisters in all communities and throughout the peace and justice movement to join us in the Solidarity Fast.

We envision us all, from across all communities, to stand together despite imposed divides to send a message in unison that ours is indeed the future!

Together, we will bring down the Apartheid Wall!
Together, we will overcome racism, poverty and war!
Yes, We Will Return!

The Free Palestine Alliance - USA
July 7, 2004

For more information, or to join/organize a "Solidarity Fast", please write to: info at freepalestinealliance.org

message. If you haven't changed addresses since subscribing,
you can also send a message to: