Invito alla 1^ Coppa Del Debito dell'Africa

From: "Kariobangi Catholic Church"

carissimi! jambo!
vi mando l'invito ufficiale per la Prima Coppa d'africa per la cancellazione
del debito estero!! Vi invitiamo...se potete benissimo....siete i
benvenuti...altrimenti fate girare la notizia....e' importante creare
opinione e soprattutto pressione a chi di dovere
tuko pamoja
p. daniele moschetti
korogocho

St. John’s Sports Society (SSS)
(Pamoja Tunaweza)
c/o St. John Catholic Church, Korogocho
P.o Box 47714 00100 GPO
Tel: (020) 780430
Mobile: 0733 702972                                                           Date 14
th April 2005

PRESS RELEASE

THE TRUMPETS ARE BLOWING FOR DEBTS
From North to South, East to West, the trumpet are blowing.  Everyday, the cry of the trumpets become louder and louder.  Thousands of organizations and individuals are joining the campaigns to pressurize for 100% cancellation of the debts Africa owe the developed countries.  Statistics, for instance, allege that Kenya’s debts stand above Ksh 750 B and that ever child inherits about Ksh 42,000 at birth.  Observers fear that if nothing is done, the debt burden has a potential to collapse the economic of the developing countries.  The debts attract very high interests.  Many governments grapple with servicing these want oftenly, this is done at the expense of developing the domestic economies.

Never before in the history of Africa has the ordinary citizens come out in the open to demand cancellation of these debts.  The campaigns for the cancellations of the African Debts have been going on for several years.  The concentration has however remained at the elite level in five star hotels and Umbwa Kali offices situated away from the middle and lower social classes.  The decisions to mobilize and sensitize the communities on the need to associate with these campaigns could not have come at a better time.  In every debt clinic that have been held in Nairobi, over whelming member of the community have turned up to support the efforts.  What was lacking before was indeed lack of involving the lower class of our society who persevere the burden of the debts.

As a result of this new discovery that the local communities are equally affected by the debt problem, grassroots organizations are now sacrificing the comforts of their closed cocoons to come out in the open and demand for the cancellations of these debts.  They have realized that indeed debt is slavery, debt is poverty! Cancellations is justice!

The St. John Sports Society (SCS) has also joined the campaign.  Formed a few years ago to develop the potentials of young people in Korongocho slums using sports, SSS has organized a sports tournament dubbed ‘Deni cup’ ‘Deni’ is Swahili for debts.  They have organized two days of different sports.  On 23
rd , April, the teams drawn from the different sports such as football, netball, volleyball, basketball, athletics, boxing, taekwondo and karate.  Those who qualify will proceed to the finals scheduled for Sunday 24th April at 1.00 O’clock.  The Saturday event will run from 8.00a.m to 5.00p.m.  Both events will be hosted at SSS sports grounds, St. John Catholic Church Korogocho. Trophies, medals and other awards will be up for grabs.

One may be disturbed why a sporting organization new to participate in such as exercise.  Sports today plays a more fundamental role in peace building, sustainable development and issues of justice in general.  In fact the host SSS is not just a mere sports club.  Human formation and community service and some of her key objectives.  The SSS believes that sports should be able to use the goodwill she enjoys world wide as a vehicle to drive home the real issues affecting our society.

The different organizations, the media, sports personalities, the government, the non  governmental organizations and the citizenry in general is invited to join the SSS as they embark on this creative and effective approach to address Africa’s problems of debt, scathing poverty and destitution.  Remember the SSS slogan: Pamoja Tunaweza!! Together ! we can!!

Email:combonikario at clubinternetk.com

To ……………………………………………

RE: INVITATION TO PARTICIPATE IN DENI CUP

The SSS is a non-profit making organization formed to tap and harmonize  various sporting talents in the slums.  It is also focused on using sports as a tool for peace building and sustainable development.  In view of this, we organize a lot of human formation and community service programmes.  During such programmes, the community is mobilized to be part of the solutions to the problems in our societies as opposed to being the problem.  Currently SSS has established about ten sports; football, netball, volleyball, basketball, athletics, karate, boxing, weight lifting, tae-kwondo and darts.

As part of the SSS social responsibility and community service, we have joined the various organizations currently involved in a global campaign to demand that the development countries do undertake a 100% debt cancellations of the debts that Africa  owes them.  We operate under the theme: Debt is slavery! Debt is poverty! Cancellation is justice!  To his extent, we have organized a Deni Cup tournament schedule for Saturday 23
rd April 2005 from 8.00 a.m to 5.00 p.m  (Qualifications) and Sunday 24th April 2005 1.00 p.m to 5 p.m (finals) at St.John Catholic Church, Korogocho.

We are privileged to invite your team to participate in this tournament.  Trophies, medals and other surprise awards will be up for grabs for the winning teams in the various sports.  Your team is also requested to come with at least one referee in each sport they are participating in.

Please find a copy of the registrations form to be submitted back before 19
th April 2005.

Thanks in advance.  Have a sporty moment

Yours faithfully

__________________                                  _______________
Fr. Danielle Moschetti                             Japheth Oluoch
(SSS  Chairperson)                                          (SSS  Secretary
)

St. John’s Sports Society (SSS)
(Pamoja Tunaweza!)
c/o St. John Catholic Church, Korogocho
P.o Box 47714 00100 GPO
Tel: (020) 780430
Mobile: 0733 702972                                Date 14
th April 2005
Email:
combonikario at clubinternetk.com

To ……………………………….

RE: INVITATION TO DENI CUP TOURNAMENT

The SSS is a non-profit making organization formed to tap and harmonize  various sporting talents in the slums.  It is also focused on using sports as a tool for peace building and sustainable development.  In view of this, we organize a lot of human formation and community service programmes.  During such programmes, the community is mobilized to be part of the solutions to the problems in our societies as opposed to being the problem.  Currently SSS has established about ten sports; football, netball, volleyball, basketball, athletics, karate, boxing, weight lifting, tae-kwondo and darts.

As part of the SSS social responsibility and community service, we have joined the various organizations currently involved in a global campaign to demand that the development countries do undertake a 100% debt cancellation of the debts that Africa  owes them.  We operate under the theme: Debt is slavery! Debt is poverty! Cancellation is justice! To his extent, we have organized a Deni Cup tournament scheduled  for Saturday 23
rd April 2005 from 8.00 a.m to 5.00 p.m (Qualifications) and Sunday 24th April 2005 1.00 p.m to 5 p.m (finals) at St.John Catholic Church, Korogocho

We are privileged to invite you / your organization to grace these important two days.  We at  SSS believe that it is only through networking with different stakeholders, whether individuals or organizations, are we able to bring a message or hope, a message of tomorrow to millions of Kenyans who succumb to hopelessness and resignation every second that ticks by.  We pray that your distinguished presence and participations will enable the day to be successful and memorable.

Thanks in advance.

_________________                                            ________________
Fr. Danielle Moschetti                             Mr. Oluoch Japheth
(Chairperson  SSS)                                          (Secretary  SSS)

Email:combonikario at clubinternetk.com

Player’s Registration form:

N/B: Please take not that only players whose names appear in this registration form will be allowed to  participate during  the two days.

NoNAME OF THE PLAYERID NO/MEMBERSHIP SIGNATURE
1
2
3
4