Kofi

  "One is tempted to say that we must now focus all our
  energies on the struggle against terrorism, and on
  directly related issues. Yet if we should do so, we will
  be giving the terrorists a victory of a kind. Let us
  remember that none of the issues that faced us on 10
  September has become less urgent. The number of
  people living on less than one dollar a day has not
  decreased. The numbers dying of HIV/AIDS, malaria,
  tuberculosis, and other preventable diseases have not
  decreased. The factors that cause the desert to
  advance, biodiversity to be lost, and the Earth's
  atmosphere to warm have not decreased."

  UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan to the UN General
  Assembly on November 10.

http://www.un.org/News/Press/docs/2001/sgsm8019.doc.htm