SOLICITA AYUDA: SERA POSIBLE CONTACTAR CON ESTE SR. E INTERESARSE DEL CASO

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2005 5:09 AM
Subject: FOUL INTENTIONS in Secret 6/30 Peltier Transfer to Notorious Indiana Prison

Life and Death Questions Regarding June 30, 2005 Secret Transfer of American Indian Activist Leonard Peltier to notorious Terra Haute, IN federal penitentiary from Leavenworth,Kansas federal prison.

Why was Leonard Peltier moved without prior notice to his next of kin?
Why was he moved during a long holiday weekend?
Why is he in solitary confinement in Terra Haute?
WHAT offense has he committed to be given this unusually harsh treatment?
Why is he not allowed to send letters to anyone, not even his grandson?
=============================
FAX FROM PELTIER'S COUNSEL BARRY BACHRACH,  TO TERRA HAUTE PRISON WARDEN BEZEY.

Direct telephone:  (508) 926-3403
Direct facsimile:  (508) 929-3003
Email:  bbachrach at bowditch.com
July 8, 2005

VIA FACSIMILE:  1-812-244-4789
Warden Bezey
U.S. Penitentiary
4200 Bureau Road North
Terre Haute, IN 47083
Subject: Leonard Peltier, Prison ID # 89-637-132, AND
Yorie von Kahl, Prison ID # 04-565-059

Dear Warden Bezey:

Please be advised that I represent Leonard Peltier and Yorie von Kahl.  I am writing concerning issues that have caused us great concern about their care at the prison.

First, with respect to Mr. Peltier, since arriving at the prison over a week ago, he has been held in solitary confinement.  I have been informed that he has no stamps, no fresh air, and has no ability to exercise his religious traditions.  I am also concerned about his medical situation but have been advised that he has been given his meds.  At this point, we are seriously concerned about what I consider arbitrary detention in solitary confinement without any basis.  Everyone with whom I have spoken has indicated that they have no reason why Mr. Peltier is being held in solitary confinement.  This raises serious issues, particularly in light of a recent U.S. Supreme Court decision.

Could you please get the appropriate consents and contact me so that we can discuss this and resolve it amicably.

With respect to Yorie von Kahl, I am very concerned about the health treatment that he is not receiving at the prison.  Yorie has suffered from a broken shoulder for many years which has been re-injured several times while in your custody.  He has been placed on a top bunk which causes him exceedingly great pain and continues to worsen the injury.  With respect to his medications, he is not getting the medications which he needs, including high blood pressure medication.  Yorie has only one functioning kidney.  His lack of medications is causing a life-threatening situation.  Again, I would like you to get the appropriate consents so that this matter can be addressed immediately.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Very truly yours,
Barry A. Bachrach
BAB:jfh Warden Beazey