Vicenza e la Romania

I rumeni che piacciono al governo italiano si ritrovano a Vicenza:

U.S., Romanian Noncommissioned officers share a day of their own
Release Date: Oct 02, 2007

MIHAIL KOGALNICEANU, Romania — Senior noncommissioned officers from the Romanian and American militaries converged on Mihail Kogalniceanu Air Base Oct. 1 for the first Joint Task Force-East Noncommissioned Officer Day. The event brought more than 30 senior enlisted members of both armies to the base to exchange ideas, learn about each other’s NCO corps and observe their soldiers working together at the squad level. “The key purpose of this event is to enhance our relationships with our coalition partners,” said U.S. Army Command Sgt. Maj. Earl Rice, who currently serves as the sergeant major of the Southern European Task Force based in Vicenza, Italy. “We also want to ensure we gain military experience with our partners and observe our NCOs in action as they train Soldiers for upcoming missions,” continued Rice. Throughout the day, the NCOs visited many of their Soldiers, both American and Romanian, as they toured the base. Soldiers, with the senior NCOs from their respective countries looking on, were evaluated as they participated in a Combat Lifesaver Course instructed by soldiers from Task Force Deep Steel. The Soldiers were placed in a scenario involving tending to a patient while on the battlefield; stopping bleeding, splinting fractures and administering an intravenous drip to their wounded comrades. The NCOs also visited and utilized the Training Support Center, which houses simulators and training aides for the Soldiers training here. There were also displays of the weapons the two countries utilize in battle and the MILES (Multiple Integrated Laser Engagement System) gear soldiers wear over their normal gear to train more realistically. “It is always a pleasure to work with the Americans, of course,” said Romanian Land Forces Command Sgt. Maj. Catalin Rata, 4th Army Corps Command Sergeant Major. “This day in particular is a good way to work and train together as well.” Rata, a graduate of the U.S. Army Sergeants Major Academy, said he believes the relationships formed here in Romania are lasting ones. “Here is a great opportunity to work from the ground up with the Soldiers at the squad level,” continued Rata. “It is always important to lay that foundation at the bottom and then build on up.” The event concluded with a trip to the Babadag Training Area, about 65 kilometers North of MK Air Base, to view the remote site where field training takes place for the Americans and Romanians at MK Air Base. “This was an outstanding bilateral initiative,” said Romanian Army Command Sgt. Maj. Ion Chiru, 8th Field Artillery Brigade. “From an NCO point of view, this is the way to successfully fight the War on Terror.” All of the U.S. and Romanian senior noncommissioned officers said they were impressed with the training they saw during NCO Day. “Today we realized there are no differences among us,” said Chiru. “Both U.S. and Romanian senior leaders have the same concerns, same missions and same people. I’m sure that the positions in the U.S. and Romanian military are interchangeable because we both lead from the front.” “I hope for the future this kind of initiative can be expanded to the entire NATO Alliance, said Chiru.

DICHIARAZIONE DEL GENERALE JAMES L. JONES, USMC COMANDANTE, COMANDO EUROPEO DELL’ESERCITO AMERICANO DAVANTI ALLA COMMISSIONE PER I SERVIZI ARMATI DEL SENATO
IL 7 MARZO 2006
http://www.eucom.mil/italian/2006_Posizionamento.pdf