Date sent: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 00:27:09 +0200
To: TFF PressInfo # 98 <tff@transnational.org>
From: Transnational Foundation TFF <tff@transnational.org>
Subject: Click and support TFF

On http://www.transnational.org from August 14, 2000

Please forward this to someone you think would like to receive the TFF PressInfos;
to subscribe send a request to <TFF@transnational.org>

T F F P r e s s I n f o # 9 8
*********************

R E S T O R E T H E O R G A N I Z A T I O N A L

S U P P O R T F O R T F F

CLICK YOUR SUPPORT AND SIGN !

Lund, Sweden
August 16, 2000

The Swedish Ministry of Foreign Affairs withdrew its organizational support for TFF for the year 2000, without prior consultation, motivation or documentation but with immediate effect. We told you about that in PressInfos 94 and 95.

Since then, hundreds of people around the world have sent their personal letters of support to us, to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and MPs here in Sweden. Many have sent money, too. New friends turned up from Argentina to Japan. It's meant a lot to us in this time of crisis.

Who are they? Mostly women, citizens and internationals from crisis and war regions where we have worked, NGOs and youth. Of course: concerned citizens, rather than more privileged and people closer to power.

Many tell us that the treatment of TFF does not fit the image they had of Sweden, and that it is unbelievable that Sweden cannot find the equivalent of 30.000 $ for an organization that works, like we do, with research, education and advocacy to promote conflict-resolution with a minimum of violence.

We have thanked everyone personally who took action. We do it here again.
We are grateful to you!

You can easily help us
***************

We have been informed by the Ministry that TFF may apply for organizational support for the year 2001, deadline September 15. Be sure, we will!

We urge everybody else to express their support for independent research and peace action.
YOU CAN DO IT NOW BY A CLICK !

We want to include YOUR signature with the application, together with all the support letters we have already received. That is likely to exert maximum pressure on the Ministry.

Why not help us now? It's the easiest way to help us continue our work. It will speak directly to decisionmakers.

Please sign this Appeal - it is just a click away...

http://www.transnational.org/pressinf/2000/pf98TFFSuppAppeal.html

* SVENSK APPELL
***********
http://www.transnational.org/pressinf/2000/pf98TFFStodSv.html

Many thanks, tack så mycket

Christina Spannar & Jan Oberg
Founders

*******************

While you visit:

* Read about the training network TFF is a part of
http://transnational.org/forum/meet/2000/TFF-trainpartners.html

* Vote and tell us what you think about TFF's website
http://www.transnational.org/sitemap.html

© TFF 2000

Please reprint, copy, archive, quote or re-post this item, but please retain the source.

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Dr. Jan Oberg
Director, head of the TFF Conflict-Mitigation team to the Balkans and Georgia

T F F

Transnational Foundation for Peace and Future Research
Vegagatan 25, S - 224 57 Lund, Sweden
Phone +46-46-145909 (0900-1100)
Fax +46-46-144512
Email