Appeal for peace in Macedonia - from Sarajevo

(this is the best one - better say the only completely impartial one - that
I've seen so far)

Centar za nenasilnu akciju - Bentbasa 31, 71000 Sarajevo, BiH
Tel/Fax: +387/33/440 417   cna.sarajevo at gmx.net    www.soros.org.ba/ cna

Dear Friends,
The latest news from The Republic of Mecedonia make us very worried.
During the past decade we have witnessed similar news so often and they
frighten us a lot causing fear of  another war. And we ask ourselves:
"Again? Again, after all those years of war, atrocities,violence and madness
over here? War again?
Ten years of wars around here have shown us that in the war everybody,
except the war profiteers loses.
With this letter we want to articulate our
APPEAL
AGAINST VIOLENCE AND WAR  FOR PEACE AND NONVIOLENCE
We address our appeal to all people in order to raise their voice against
another threatening war.
Citizens of Macedonia, see what the war has left behind in
Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, Serbia and Kosovo and do not let it happen to
you as well. Do not allow yourself to become overtaken by hatred against
your fellow citizens. Do not allow yourself to take arms into your hands.
Do not allow yourself to be overwhelmed with the feeling that "they are all
the same", because they are not, do not forget that. Gather all your courage
and raise your voice against the war, do not keep silent, because it may be
understood as approval. Do not divide people onto "us" and"them", because
that is exactly what the war machinery wants you to do.
Determine yourself for peace and nonviolence and raise your voice against
all kinds of violence. You make up the majority. We were also the majority
in Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, Serbia and Kosovo, but we were too silent,
silenced by the violent explosion.
Do not let it happen to you!
Give signs to your fellow citizens which are on the "other side" that you
want peace and  believe that there are many of them on the other side who
wish the same. Only together you can secure sustainable peace and
constructive cooperation.

If you do not feel the tension or here shooting in your place of living, do
not turn your head  away thinking that it is far enough away from you.
Appeal to all sides in the conflict to stop violence. It is your human right
to live in peace. Demand it! Demand all your human rights and realise them.
Bear in mind that the way of violence can not be a legitimate mean to
achieve political goals and citizens rights. Be brave and decide for
dialogue and cooperation, for the way of nonviolence. We understand that it
takes lot more courage, strength and will, but it is worth of trying to
build stabile relationship of mutual interest. It is worth deciding for
peace. We appeal to all military and paramilitary conscripts to resist
conscription and mobilisation.
We appeal to all people, in particular the governments to offer shelter and
support to war resisters and all other refugees. We deeply sympathise with
victims of violence and their closest ones.

     In solidarity

     Centar za nenasilnu akciju - Sarajevo/Beograd
     Adnan Hasanbegovic
     Iva Zenzerovic
     Ivana Franovic
     Milan Colic