Balkan Summer School

 Florence, 7 June 2000

Dear Colleague,

 We are pleased to inform you that the European University Institute
will be holding a summer school from 18 to 24 September entitled "The
Balkans: Territories and Identities" directed by Jacques Rupnik.

 We would be grateful if you would convey the attached call for
applications to the doctoral students of your postgraduate course or
research centre whose theses you consider advanced enough to be the
basis of a presentation.

 Application forms, accompanied by a CV and a five-page research
outline, should be returned by 25 June to the following address:

 European University Institute
 Robert Schuman Centre
 Balkan Summer School
 Via dei Roccettini 9
 50016 San Domenico di Fiesole
 Italy,

or by e-mail to Dr. Valérie Amiraux ( balkanss at iue.it )

Jacques Rupnik
CERI

Yves Meny
Director
Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies

Via dei Roccettini 9
I-50016 San Domenico di Fiesole (FI)
ITALIA

Please find attached the Call for Applications and the Application Form.