[uruknet.info] - [daily information from occupied iraq] - [newsletter 03 Oct 2005 - Part Two]

  uruknet.info
  «Ë-Ë“Ê Æ‰Ê·Ë
:: information from occupied iraq
:: informazione dall'iraq occupato

FEMA, Capitalism, and Karl Marx's Crystal Ball
Mike Whitney
Neoliberalism foreshadows the end of any meaningful concept of
representative government. The state is simply an organizing tool for
maximizing the profits of private industry and for maintaining the peaceful
transferal of wealth from one class to another. It is a predatory system
wherein only the most privileged and cunning can prosper. The Bush
administration is the perfected-model of social Darwinism. The government
is the thin gauze that conceals the! rapacity of the corporate puppeteers.
Behind the pasty-gray hologram of the "fly-over" President all the
elemental forces of human greed and barbarity shine with ever-increasing
luminosity. Global warming, peak-oil and endless,
environmentally-devastating war, all point to the truth of Karl Marx's
prediction that capitalism is scourge that eventually devours itself...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=16398&s2=04>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=16398

The Mother's Agony
the woman i was
...Every Iraqi mother could not sleep the night; she stays worrying until
the morning; fearing of the after midnight unwelcomed visitors.There are
continuous raids, especially at nights, every where in Iraq. American
forces and Iraqi National Guards have the right to enter any house without
asking permission. We are being ruling by the American Terrorism Act. I
heard that my friend Amel Kadhim Swadi was arrested with her younger son
Safa, 17 years old. The both stayed in custody! the whole night in Baghdad
air port. By the way one of the American giant achievements in Iraq we
should admit is that they converted the all Iraq civilian and military air
ports to jails; then by the cooperation with the Iraqi authorities they
managed to make the whole Iraq a prison; the largest prison in the world
which is worthy to genius book; a prison with 26 million prisoners
capacity...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=16408&s2=04>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=16408

NEW REFUGEES CRISIS AS US/IRAQI MILITARY LAUNCHES OPERATION ‘IRON FIST’
AGAINST SADA , WESTERN IRAQ
Doctors for Iraq press release
Doctors for Iraq has received eyewitness reports from medical staff and
residents around the town of Sada on the Iraqi, Syrian border that at least
eight civilians have been killed in the latest US/ Iraqi military attack in
the west of Iraq. Doctors and residents report that all of the dead are
women and children who were trying to escape the town when the vehicle they
were travelling! in was targeted by US soldiers. The total civilian
casualties figure is unknown as is the number of injured...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=16403&s2=04>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=16403

BUSH'S 'HOLY' CRONIES HAVE FEET OF CLAY
Bill Gallagher
Deception, arrogance, greed, hubris, corruption, incompetence and isolation
-- the seven deadly sins of political life -- snared President George W.
Bush and his cronies long ago. That's how they gained and maintain power.
While praying and thumbing their Bibles, loudly proclaiming their virtue
and righteousness, the faith-based Busheviks claim to be the chosen and
anointed, carrying out God's work on earth. In fact and in deed, they
behave like the devil's d! isciples. Now, with inspired irony, the sins
they've served so well are their undoing. George W. Bush and his servants
are being singed with the fires of political damnation, and they know an
inferno is coming...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=16417&s2=04>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=16417

Tomgram: Withdrawal Symptoms
Tom Engelhardt
Recently, our top commander in Iraq, Gen. George W. Casey Jr., was brought
back to the United States, officially to consult with George Bush on what
the President still calls "our strategy for victory." Along with retiring
Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Richard Myers, Centcom Commander Gen. John
Abizaid, and Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, Casey then testified
before Congress on military "progress" in Iraq...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=16414&s2=04>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=16414

Andrew Sullivan: How America tiptoed into the torture chamber
The Sunday Times
Meet an American hero. He’s Army Captain Ian Fishback, a decorated graduate
of West Point, and in training to become a member of the elite special
forces (...) And while serving at Camp Mercury near the Syrian border in
Iraq, he observed horrifying abuse of prisoners, in testimony that was
released last week by Human Rights Watch (...) Fishback is now sequestered
at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, being interrogated by military officials. !
From all we know of Fishback he will not crack under pressure...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=16411&s2=04>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=16411

US Middle Eastern Wars May Last for Several Years
Robert Shule, Al-jazeerah
...If one does assume the Vietnam war offers a rough model for studying the
U.S. Middle-East wars of today, extrapolating the economic data and trends,
then the economic conditions seen at the close of the Vietnam war may again
be seen in the coming years between 2010 and 2015. Almost two years into
the Iraq war, U.S. economic indicators appear still strong, but the
negative trends can already be seen. Future is always difficult to foreca!
st. However, wisdom holds being prepared for the Middle-East engagements to
last for several more years...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=16410&s2=04>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=16410

Iraqi Resistance Report for events of Monday, 3 October 2005
Translated and/or compiled by Muhammad Abu Nasr, member, editorial board,
the Free Arab Voice. ( http://www.freearabvoice.org )
Fierce battles of a sort not seen in ar-Ramadi for more than two months
broke out in that city early Monday morning. The Mafkarat al-Islam
correspondent in ar-Ramadi reported eyewitnesses as saying that at 4am
before dawn the first clash erupted in the as-Sufiyah area to the north of
the city. Fighting then spread to the cent! er of ar-Ramaadi as more than
40 Resistance fighters battled with US and Iraqi puppet army troops on
al-Kass Street, al-Mal‘ab Street, az-Zuyut Street, and in the area of the
bridge...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=16409&s2=04>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=16409

Dems/Iraq = Bush/Vietnam = AWOL
Steve Cobble
Yesterday I thanked the 6 House Democrats--Lee, Conyers, Woolsey, Grijalva,
McKinney & Waters--who joined 300,000 of us at the antiwar
march/rally/concert last weekend. We do appreciate it. Today I want to ask
the obvious follow-up question, which several commenters also raised--where
were the rest of the House & Senate Dems? There are 202 House Democrats,
plus 1 Independent, plus several nonvoting House Dems. Plus, there are 44
Senate Democrats, plus 1 Independent...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=16406&s2=04>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=16406

Nazis
Patricia Goldsmith, www.dissidentvoice.org
We have reached the paralytic stage of Bush spin, where a large percentage
of the population are ready to forget the horrors they’ve just seen and
felt, in return for comforting lies -- lies they can live with. A large
proportion of people are willing to place major responsibility for the
recent bloodbath on the Gulf Coast on media-targeted scapegoats -- both
local officials and the victims themselves -- in exchange for the ability
to deny the most threatening port! ion of the Bush response: the active
intervention of the federal government to prevent outside help from getting
in. This was not neglect, incompetence, or failure. This was what Rummy
calls a “catastrophic success”...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=16407&s2=04>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=16407

Abu Ghraib guard tells of worse abuse
Aljazeera.net
A US soldier convicted of humiliating and abusing Iraqi prisoners has said
she knew of "worse things" happening at Abu Ghraib. Former private first
class Lynndie England also insisted on Sunday that military commanders were
fully aware of what was going on in Iraq's infamous jail. In her first
post-court marshal interview, England contradicted assertions by top
Pentagon officials that a small group of out-of-control soldiers was
responsible for abuse at Abu Ghra! ib and said that however repulsive that
mistreatment was, it did not amount to torture...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=16405&s2=04>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=16405

Will Israel Start World War Three?
Paul Joseph Watson/Alex Jones
Israeli rhetoric towards Iran has considerably heated in the last few weeks
as the world hurtles towards an inevitable confrontation over Iran's
nuclear programs. Last week three senior Israeli lawmakers went public to
warn that Israel would act unilaterally to eliminate any perceived Iranian
threat. Yosef Lapid, head of the centrist opposition Shinui Party in the
Knesset stated, "Threats of sanctions and isolation alone will not do it,
we feel we a! re obliged to warn our friends that Israel should not be
pushed into a situation where we see no other solution but to act
unilaterally"...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=16402&s2=04>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=16402

Sunnis see Shi'ite manipulation ahead of Iraq vote
Luke Baker, Reuters
Sunni officials and independent Iraqi politicians reacted with dismay on
Monday at a move by the Shi'ite and Kurdish majority to make it harder to
defeat an October 15 referendum on a new constitution. Analysts also
questioned the fairness of the move by Iraq's parliament, which set
electoral rules making it far simpler for the draft constitution to pass --
as Shi'ites and Kurds want -- than for it to be defeated by Sunni
opponents...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=16400&s2=04>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=16400

Bush’s Noble Cause
Mick Youther
...On the Monday after the march, Bush’s favorite Gold Star mom, Cindy
Sheehan, and 370 protesters continued the protest by being arrested for
refusing to move from the sidewalk in front of our White House. They
demanded to know, “What is the Noble Cause?” What was worth the lives of
2000 American soldiers?
(...) If you’re interested, there is a detailed description of this noble
cause in a document called Rebuilding America's Defenses: Strategies,
Forces And Resources For A New Century . It was written in September 2000
by a group of neo-conservative ChickenHawks, which included Cheney,
Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, and Jeb Bush. Anyone who believes our military is
being used for a noble cause should read this document. It is the
NeoConservative plan to take over the world...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=16399&s2=04>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=16399

How the world was duped: the race to invade Iraq
Robert Fisk
The 5th of February 2003 was a snow-blasted day in New York, the steam
whirling out of the road covers, the US secret servicemen - helpfully
wearing jackets with "Secret Service" printed on them - hugging themselves
outside the fustian, asbestos-packed UN headquarters on the East River.
Exhausted though I was after travelling thousands of miles around the
United States, the idea of watching Secretary of State Colin Powell - or
General Powell, as he was ! now being reverently redubbed in some American
newspapers - make his last pitch for war before the Security Council was an
experience not to be missed...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=16415&s2=04>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=16415

Why I No Longer Support The Military! They Have Betrayed Us!
Jesse, Editor , TVNewsLIES.org
I can no longer support the military and let me tell you why. By “military”
I mean the higher echelon, the generals, - the commanders, - those who are
using our enlisted troops as fodder. Our enlisted men and women are the
pawns sent to bleed and die in the Bush wars, and have become the fall guys
who take the blame for the horrors in this illegal and immoral war. I have
spent every day of my life for the past 3 years figh! ting for my nation
and fighting for our troops. Yes, I have fought for my troops by fighting
for truth, honesty, integrity and human compassion while trying to protect
our Constitution and our democracy. This is more than the military has
ordered the troops to do for me. As a result, they have not protected me.
They have supported my enemy and they have violated their oath. The troops
have betrayed me and they have betrayed the United States of America...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=16397&s2=04>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=16397

<http://www.uruknet.info>www.uruknet.info: a site gathering daily
information concerning occupied Iraq: news, analysis, documents and texts
of iraqi resistance available in Italian and English.

You receive this newsletter because you subscribed it. If you think it was
an abuse, or simply if you don't want to receive it any more,
<http://www.uruknet.com/unsub1.php>click here to unsubscribe from the
newsletter.