RAPITO UN MEMBRO DI MOVIMONDO NELLE FILIPPINE

Rapito un operatore umanitario italiano nelle Filippine

A Lanao del Norte sull'isola di Mindanao, nelle Filippine, è stato sequestrato
un italiano, Andrea Cianferoni, direttore
dei programmi per la ong Movimondo. L'associazione per la quale lavora
l'operatore umanitario è molto impegnata nelle
Filippine in progetti che coinvolgono la comunità contadina.
L'isola di Mindanao è al centro degli scontri tra l'esercito governative e il
fronte Moro di liberazione islamica.

      Gunmen kidnap Italian aid worker in Philippines
      09 Nov 2004 12:17:26 GMT

      Source: Reuters

MANILA, Nov 9 (Reuters) - Gunmen kidnapped an Italian aid worker on Tuesday on
the southern Philippine island of Mindanao and have demanded a ransom, the army
said. Two Filipino colleagues of Andrea Cienosterone, a project director for
Italian non-government organisation Movimondo, were also abducted but later
released with the ransom demand for 300,000 pesos ($5,300), said
Lieutenant-General Alberto Braganza, the island's military commander. He said
the three were taken at gunpoint by four men in Lanao del Norte province at
about 2:30 p.m. (O630 GMT). "We're still checking the ransom demand," Braganza
said, ordering government troops to try to find the Italian and his kidnappers.

In army spokesman said Cienosterone was abducted by a group of bandits whose
leader was a close relative of a senior leader of a Muslim separatist group in
Lanao del Norte. Eid Kabalu, a spokesman for the Moro Islamic Liberation Front
(MILF), said rebel forces would cooperate with the government to secure
Cienosterone's release. "We learned about the kidnapping and our forces in the
area were ordered to recover him," he told Reuters.

L'Associazione Argon - Bloggersperlapace esprime la propria solidarietà ai
colleghi della ong italiana Movimondo.

Loredana Morandi
Presidente Ass.ne Argon - Bloggersperlapace