The Mounting Costs of the Iraq War

ACTION ALERT * UNITED FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE
http://www.unitedforpeace.org | 212-868-5545
Dear friend of United for Peace and Justice:

This week’s sham “transfer of sovereignty” in Iraq did nothing to change
the basic facts of the political and humanitarian disaster created by the
Bush Administration there. The U.S. military occupation continues
uninterrupted, as do the near-daily deaths of U.S. soldiers and Iraqi
citizens. Meanwhile, the costs –  in lives, in dollars, in decreased
security for ourselves and the world – continue to rise.

A timely and devastating new report from UFPJ member group The Institute
for Policy Studies and Foreign Policy in Focus details just how costly the
Iraq War has been, to the United States, the Iraqi people, and the world.

GET INFORMED
Visit http://www.ips-dc.org/iraq/costsofwar/  to view the full report, and
to download a one-page factsheet you can use to educate members of your
community about the war and continued occupation.

For more information on the reality of the “transfer of sovereignty,” visit
the website of the Iraq Occupation Watch Center, a Baghdad-based
organization sponsored by an international coalition of groups including
UFPJ: http://www.occupationwatch.org

TAKE ACTION
Make your opposition to the continued U.S. occupation of Iraq visible by
ordering a packet of “Bush Lies, Who Dies” stickers from UFPJ (see our
website for a sample image). To ensure broad distribution, we offer these
stickers at our cost: $25 per 500 (the minimum order, shipping included),
although we strongly encourage you to include an additional contribution to
help support our ongoing work. To order, send a check made payable to
"United for Peace and Justice" to P.O. Box 607, Times Square Station, New
York, NY 10108.

And, if you haven’t done so already, start making your plans to come to New
York City for the massive August 29 “World Says No to the Bush Agenda”
march and rally – a crucial opportunity to show the depth and breadth of
opposition to the Bush Administration’s disastrous policies. Visit our
website for links to ride and housing boards, as well as for downloadable
leaflets, and endorsement form, and more.

AUGUST 29, THE WORLD SAYS NO TO THE BUSH AGENDA!
March and Rally at the Republican National Convention, New York City
Visit the new RNC mobilizing section of our website for resources and to
endorse the August 29 demonstration:
http://www.unitedforpeace.org/rnc
We need your financial support to make the August 29 protest a success:
http://www.unitedforpeace.org/donate