Call for Essays: Justice for Asian and Pacific Islander Americans

Peace Review, A Journal of Social Justice
Call for Essays:  Justice for Asian and Pacific Islander Americans
Edited by Rebecca King-O'Riain, University of San Francisco
                Davianna McGregor, University of Hawai'i, Manoa
Author Deadline:  January 12, 2004

It has been well over 30 years since the Asian American Student and
Anti-War Movement and Third World Strike to found Asian American Studies
began yet we are far from reaching justice for many Asian and Pacific
Islander Americans. The sovereignty movement of Native Hawaiians, the Wen
Ho Lee case, Filipino airport screeners, and on going legal battles for
citizenship, illustrate how many Asian and Pacific Islander Americans have
been fighting for justice in the United States.

Stereotyped as "apolitical," we want, instead, to highlight the struggles
and triumphs of Asian and Pacific Islander Americans in relation to quests
for justice. For this issue of Peace Review, we invite both historical and
contemporary works that focus on past and on-going projects to attain
justice for all those of Asian and Pacific Islander ancestry.

Peace Review is a quarterly, multidisciplinary, transnational journal of
research and analysis, focusing on the current issues and controversies
that underlie the promotion of a more peaceful world.  We define peace
research to include human rights, development, ecology, culture, race,
gender and related issues.  Our task is to present the results of this
research and thinking in short (2500-3500 words), accessible and
substantial essays.

For writer's guidelines or to send essay submissions by email attachment to
Robert Elias, Editor eliasr@usfca.edu or Anne Hieber, Managing Editor
hieber@usfca.edu.  Or send correspondence to Peace Review, University of
San Francisco, 2130 Fulton Street, San Francisco, CA, 94117.  Telephone:
415-422-2910 or Fax: 415-422-5671, Attn. Elias or Hieber.