[Inl: Lara] DALLA PALESTINA

> Da: "Noah Salameh" <salamehn@hotmail.com>
> Data: 05/04/2002 10:06
> A: comparte@comparte.org, david@steeletech.com, eip-cifedhop@vtxnet.ch,
>glopez@nd.edu
> cc: csodini@ec.unipi.it, c.tassoni@usl5.toscana.it,
>daniele.lugli@libero.it, danimadman@hotmail.com, dchor@online.no,
>DDRUCKMA@WPGATE.GMU.EDU, DeatsPeace@aol.com, ded-yemen@y.net.ye,
>desiv@yvc.ac.il, dfg@tamkeen.org, diana-kl@zahav.net.il,
>dina_dweik@hotmail.com, djm@cnewa.org, doehlie@diakonhjemmet.no,
>d.t.hart@kerkinactie.nl, d.t.hart@sowkerken.nl, e.buccoliero@comune.fe.it,
>Edufip@aol.com, edwardrmudd@juno.com, EKAUFMAN@cidcm.umd.edu,
>ekingman@earthlink.net, elaelroy@yahoo.com, enquiries@respond.org,
>Environics@aol.com, equoland@equoland.it, evahelene@sensewave.com,
>fischer@transcend.org, fishc@nova.edu, FOR@kelnet07.xlweb.com,
>forechair@gn.apc.org, frances@DCCI.Unipi.IT, FrancesHHoward@aol.com,
>fshabs@hotmail.com, fubarat@tin.it, gabi_gueron@yahoo.com,
>gab.zanini@libero.it, gallo@di.unipi.it, galtung@transcend.org,
>georgemathew@vsnl.net, giocarosone@tiscalinet.iut,
>giocarosone@tiscalinet.it, gleon@simail.it, goss-mayr@telering.at
> Oggetto: Lara

My friends, brothers and sisters,

Again I'm comiming back to write to you this day also under the curfew and
the the roar of the chains of the Israeli army tanks, I'm as you may know
still at home and difinitly in the lawer rood to avoide the shooting with
less food and with more fear . The Israeli army declair in the morning that
they will entensify their operation against Palestinian People to finish
before the pressure of the international community increased, so we are now
with more shooting and more tanks. Today in Bethlehem city more than 120
tanks, the Israeli army destroyed some doors of the church of Netivity, and
the focus this day in the center if the city which is the church, I'm
living one Kilometer from the church, I'm lucky because it means that I
will be save for this moment, until they invade the church, I hope not and
the international protest will give some results.

Yesterday I tried to get some hope from Bush speach about the Middle East,
but I disappointed when I heard that his priority is to change our leader
and not to stop his allience from this continuation killing of people and
the hope of peace. May be Bush wand a government like Afghanistan
government which has nine (9) ministers who have USA grean card( USA
resedents) Sorry Mr. Bush to select our leader is a Palestinian work not
American nor Israeli busniss.

If Bush is realy interested in peace and justice he has to stop sending the
machines pf killing to our area, and stop supporting occupation,
discrimination and apartheid. I hope he gives more time to crticise
violation of human rights and damaging the Infra structure of Palestinian
areas, I hope he send food and milk to our children not tanks, and F16, we
need peace not arms.Please don't use the 11th of Sept to justify killing
us, we are also against Ben Laden, and against fundemetalisim and against
terror including your terror and your allies the Israelis who occupied
three milion Palestinians whitout giving civil rights to us.

I'm sorry for my American friends, I know that many of you don't know what
your government do in different part of the world and if you know you don't
accept or support that. But I hope you understand my pain as Palestinian
who work for peace, justice, freedome and reconciliation in Nonviolence
means and faced of Tanks, curfew, starving, preventing food and milk, and
collective punishment for a whole people, for three milion people. I'm
asking you if an American man attack and kill one hundred person, do you
think that the government will punish all the vity or even his mother of
his father, Why we have to be punished collectivily to feed the feeling of
revenge, and revenge who? the children and women, ....!!

I'm trying all my time not to talk about politics, I don't know if now I
talk politics, is talking about my life is politics, I'm teaching Human
Rights and I'm expert in Human Rights and I don't find any item in the Un
decleration of Human Rights or the Internationale convenent suppoty or
justify what is going and done by Israeli army, How to prevent the aid team
from reaching the injurds and let the bleeding until they died, or prevent
them from evacuating the dead persons, Two Palestinian civiliand killed in
a house in Bethlehem a women of 60 years old and her son of 38 years old,
and they left with the children ( 6 children between 6-16) in the same room
for more than three days, the army prevent red crecent or the red cross
from evacuating them. On family burried their father in the garden in the
darkness because they were not allowed to take him out.Is this go with and
standerd of human rights laws or human measures or any religion.

My friends, Excuse me today, I'm not feeling good because the food is
getting less, and the worst from all of this that today the Fifth of April
is the Birthday of my daughter LARA, she will be five years old and I can't
give her a gift or have a party or even a cake , she asked me in the
morning , Where is my gift, and she came to kiss me, and said today is a
feast, I will have a lot of things, but I didn't know what to say to her,
that she will not have agift or a party, she doesn't understand what is a
curfew or what means this shooting around us....

Please, excuse me if I used some violent words, I realy don't want that or
mean that, I'm not against any one or hate any one. My GOD is just love,
peace, justice and reconciliation, I would like to sleep and walk up and
find no wars or no weapons in our country fron any sort or any side. Enough
killing enough torture, enough humilation, insultation and occupation.

My wife asked me to say that she feels upset and so sad that she can't go
to her hospital( Rihab is a nurse) and there are just three nurses in her
section working day and night for the intensive work,

It is now the test for our values, ethics and morals of standing in front
of the wave of killing and violation of hesuman rights, this test not
external but internal, from inside us, do we agree of what the occupation
army doing now? Do we agree with militery occupation in the third
millinuem? Do we have to keep silent of this crimes? I'm asking your
values, principles, ethics,morals and religios rules. I will not judge you,
no one have the right to judge any one, it is your values and ethics will
judge you, you have to judge yourselfe, I'm just asking you to act
according to your inner judgments.Yours in Peace & Reconciliation

Noah Salameh

The Center for Conflict Resolution

     and Reconciliation - CCRR

P.O.Box 861