Empowering the Palestinian voice, Obama, CUFI, Iranian & Egyptian dissent in the mass media, Christian Arabs, Bakri's Defence and more on PTT

another week of great material on PTT, but we would like to highlight a few items that we welcome you to read, republish, link, distribute to your lists.

Our highlighted piece is a VERY important analysis and call to action by Tariq Shadid. We have to take into account that the only thing that will truly serve the Palestinian liberation struggle fully is taking the muzzle off the Palestinian voice. Crucial and timely point of view.
http://palestinethinktank.com/2010/02/12/tariq-shadid-empowering-the-palestinian-popular-voice-the-first-step-towards-unity-and-liberation/

Ramzy Baroud writes another of his outstanding articles on President War. 100 days? 250 days? What does it matter when the agenda has only been to spread American imperialism?
http://palestinethinktank.com/2010/02/12/ramzy-baroud-the-useless-logic-of-round-numbers-war-is-criminal-any-day/

Max Blumenthal is absolutely the king of the short clip and this one is probably his very best yet. He visits the Christians United For Israel convention. It is shocking, it is funny, it is a must see!
http://palestinethinktank.com/2010/02/10/max-blumenthal-video-rapture-ready-the-christians-united-for-israel-convention/

Kawther Salam reports on the scam that was the Journalist Elections in the part of Palestine known as the Occupied Territories. All was done to prevent it from being truly representative of the journalists, so if you wonder why the news seems to be the way it is, even from Ramallah, here is one of the reasons.
http://palestinethinktank.com/2010/02/09/palestinian-journalist-elections-under-the-boots-of-occupation/

Mozhgan Savabieasfahani asks the freedom and democracy loving West just what they expect from Iranians and tells a thing or two to Obama about freedom.
http://palestinethinktank.com/2010/02/12/nonviolent-protest-continues-across-iran-as-people-chant-referendum-referendum-this-is-the-peoples-slogan/

As part of the Common Activist Errors Series Yousef Abudayyeh reminds us that it is unacceptable for solidarity activists to set conditions on Palestinians.
http://palestinethinktank.com/2010/02/01/yousef-abudayyeh-activist-errors-series-setting-conditions-on-solidarity/

Jack Shenker asks why the Western media simply ignores the Egyptian dissent and instead only shows Iranian dissent. There is logic behind that bias.
http://palestinethinktank.com/2010/02/10/jack-shenker-why-do-the-western-media-ignore-egyptian-dissent/

'Emad Nazzal-Pales writes a shockingly tragic poem asking just who the terrorist is.
http://palestinethinktank.com/2010/02/07/emad-w-nazzal-pales-as-they-say-were-terrorists/

Raid Khoury discusses the Christian Arabs, and shows us the very weird world of the Christian Zionist movement that tries to use Christian Arabs to attack Palestinians and Muslims. But, the majority isn't buying it.
http://palestinethinktank.com/2010/02/09/raid-khoury-christian-arabs-remain-the-best-situated-to-combat-the-demonization-of-islam/

Gaza in Plain Language, video by Anthony Lawson and Joe Mowrey... excellent presentation of what happened.
http://palestinethinktank.com/2010/02/07/gaza-in-plain-language-a-video-by-anthony-lawson-and-joe-mowrey/

Antoine Raffoul writes a statement in support of Mohammad Bakri, Director of Jenin Jenin, as he is being sued by ... Five Israeli Soldiers.... unbelievable.
http://palestinethinktank.com/2010/02/04/statement-of-support-for-mohammad-bakri-director-of-jenin-jenin/

and more new material by our featured contributors Latuff, Hart, Gates, and much more on www.palestinethinktank.com