Care and Feeding of the Holocaust Elephant in the Room (PTT editorial)

I'd like to bring your attention to an article I've written about a theme that I think is very important. It seems as if more and more, issues regarding the Holocaust, Palestine, Israel and Iran are jumbled together into one single "theme". I believe not only that this is a serious mistake in that the consequences of such activity lead to outcomes such as war and the "Global War on Terrorism". We see all the time how Israel misuses the theme of the Holocaust to shift focus from the reality of the suffering of Palestinian and Lebanese people, and they adopt certain strategies to also bring the "danger of Iran" as the major theme.

All of this is based on some heavy distortion. Not only that, it interferes with the Palestinian need to be heard. I run a site that has published hundreds and hundreds of articles by Palestinians. I have also learned, in this role, that many are quite content to see the Palestinian voice shoved into a corner. It is not "interesting enough", is the analysis that more than one Palestinian has said, even going as far as asking if it would be more useful to his cause to convert to Judaism, at least that way, someone might be interested in something he had to say.

This paper concludes with four modest proposals for changing the situation where Palestinians are 1) forced to be constantly reminded of the Holocaust against their will and 2) told to keep silent if they publicly saying what they discuss amongst themselves.

If we want to be of any service at all, we better start listening.

http://palestinethinktank.com/2009/10/11/care-and-feeding-of-the-holocaust-elephant-in-the-room-spiced-up-by-ahmadinejad/

thanks for your time and I do hope you will find this article pertinent and interesting