Stand Up to Bush on Sept. 19!

<http://www.unitedforpeace.org>
<http://www.unitedforpeace.org>www.unitedforpeace.org | 212-868-5545 |
If you are having trouble viewing this message, please
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=183724023&url_num=4&url=http://unitedforpeace.org/article.php?id=3374>click
here.

Please forward widely!

Bush is coming to NYC on September 19!

You can help ensure that he is greeted by a large, vocal protest against
the war by making an urgently needed donation today.
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=183724023&url_num=5&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/donate>Click
here to donate online or call 212-868-5545.

Over the last few weeks, the Bush Administration has been pulling out all
the stops in its desperate efforts to justify staying its failed course in
Iraq and to demonize dissent. And once again, they are exploiting the
tragedy of September 11, 2001, to scare people into backing more bloodshed
and the whittling down of our rights. On Tuesday, September 19, in New York
City, we have the opportunity to stand up and show them that it's not going
to work.

If you live near New York City, please join us if you can on Tuesday,
September 19, to protest while Bush is addressing the United Nations. We
will gather at 9:00AM at a location to be announced and march beginning at
9:30AM.
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=183724023&url_num=6&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/downloads/sept_19_nyc.pdf>Click
here to download a leaflet you can photocopy and distribute to help get the
word out.

We need to make this protest as large and as vocal as possible. We need to
make it so loud that the rest of the United Nations will hear us and join
in! And to do that in less than two weeks, we need to raise $25,000 -- NOW.

Thanks to those of you who responded to our appeal earlier this week --
your support is enabling us to spread the word far and wide.
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=183724023&url_num=7&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/donate>If
you have not yet had a chance to make a contribution to this effort, please
do so now.

Your donation of $15, $25, $50, $100 or more will help ensure that Bush is
greeted by a large, vocal outpouring of protest when he comes to New York
City.
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=183724023&url_num=8&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/donate>Please
help us make this demonstration a success by making a donation today!

You can donate in one of three easy ways:

1.
By credit card online:
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=183724023&url_num=9&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/donate>http://www.unitedforpeace.org/donate

2.
By credit card over the phone: Call 212-868-5545.

3.
By check or money order: Mail your donation to UFPJ, P.O. Box 607, Times
Square Station, NY, NY 10108.

Donations of $100 or more can be tax-deductible when made payable to A.J.
Muste Memorial Institute and mailed to the UFPJ address above. All
donations, large and small, are greatly needed and very appreciated.

<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=183724023&url_num=10&url=https://marketspace.goodstorm.com/stores/unitedforpeace>You
can also support the work of UFPJ and make the peace movement visible in
your community by purchasing and wearing this new t-shirt we've designed.
It asks a bold, simple question that we all need to ask ourselves and each
other if we are going to achieve peace.

<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=183724023&url_num=11&url=https://marketspace.goodstorm.com/stores/unitedforpeace>Please
visit our friends at Goodstorm to order yours today. For "Bush Lies! Who
Dies?" stickers, buttons, magnets and more, please
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=183724023&url_num=12&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/catalog/>visit
our UFPJ storefront.

More upcoming opportunities to stand for peace:

<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=183724023&url_num=13&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/calendar.php?sortby=&caltype=45>September
11th anniversary events
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=183724023&url_num=14&url=http://www.declarationofpeace.org/>Declaration
of Peace -- Sept. 21-28

Help us continue to do this critical work:
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=183724023&url_num=15&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/donate>Make
a donation to UFPJ today.

ACTION ALERT * UNITED FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE
<http://www.unitedforpeace.org/>www.unitedforpeace.org | 212-868-5545
To subscribe, visit
<http://www.unitedforpeace.org/email>www.unitedforpeace.org/email

If you no longer wish to receive emails from us, visit
<http://www.demaction.org/ufpj/unsubscribe.jsp>www.demaction.org/ufpj/unsubscribe.jsp