Update - 8 Days to Washington, D.C. Protest!

<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=37625701&url_num=1&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/>
ACTION ALERT * UNITED FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE
<http://www.unitedforpeace.org/> www.unitedforpeace.org | 212-868-5545 |

Last chance!

For each donation of $25 or more, we'll send you five of our Sept. 24
buttons; one for you and four to share with your friends.

Offer ends Sat., Sept. 17. Get your buttons today, and show your support
for the September mobilization !

<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=37625701&url_num=4&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/donate>
END THE WAR ON IRAQ!
BRING THE TROOPS HOME NOW!
Justice for the People of the Gulf Coast
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=37625701&url_num=5&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/fallmobe>3Days
of Action in Washington, D.C.
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=37625701&url_num=6&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/fallmobe>September
24-26, 2005

In this alert:

1.	We need your financial support!
2.	Saturday, Sept. 24 March on Washington - Schedule of Events
3.	Sunday, Sept. 25: Grassroots Trainings, National
Counter-Recruitment Meeting, & Interfaith Service
4.	Monday, September 26: Grassroots Congressional Lobby Day,
Nonviolent Direct Action at the White House
5.	Spread the Word!

1) We need your financial support!

Please donate today to help cover the costs of this crucial anti-war
mobilization! Visit
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=37625701&url_num=7&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/donate>http://www.unitedforpeace.org/donate
or call 212-868-5545
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=37625701&url_num=8&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/donate>

<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=37625701&url_num=9&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/donate>

2) Saturday, Sept. 24
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=37625701&url_num=10&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/septmarch>March
on Washington - Schedule of Events

The Saturday, Sept. 24 March on Washington promises to be a huge, powerful
expression of the mounting peace and justice sentiment in the country. The
ongoing horrors of the war in Iraq and events in the aftermath of Hurricane
Katrina have made this mobilization even more timely and important.

Confirmed speakers and performers so far include Cindy Sheehan, NAACP
Executive Chairman Julian Bond, Fernando Suarez del Solar, Jim Hightower,
Congresswoman Lynn Woolsey, Greg Palast, professional basketball player
Etan Thomas, Suheir Hammad, speakers from the devastated Gulf Coast, The
Coup, Le Tigre, Steve Earle, Joan Baez, and Sweet Honey in the Rock. A map
of the march route will be posted soon, and in the meantime we want you to
know that for the first time in many years we will march in Pennsylvania
Ave. right in front of the White House!

Bus and carpool information:
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=37625701&url_num=11&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/transport%20>http://www.unitedforpeace.org/transport
Parking and metro information:
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=37625701&url_num=12&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/dcparking%20>http://www.unitedforpeace.org/dcparking

10:00AM:
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=37625701&url_num=13&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/festival>Peace
& Justice Festival Begins, Washington Monument Grounds.
To reserve tabling space, visit
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=37625701&url_num=14&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/festival>http://www.unitedforpeace.org/festival

11:30AM:
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=37625701&url_num=15&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/septmarch>Rally
at the Ellipse

12:30PM:
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=37625701&url_num=16&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/septmarch>March
steps off from Ellipse

3:00PM:
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=37625701&url_num=17&url=http://unitedforpeace.org/article.php?id=3026>Operation
Ceasefire Free Concert featuring Cindy Sheehan, Washington Monument Grounds

3) Sunday, Sept. 25:
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=37625701&url_num=18&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/fallmobe>Grassroots
Trainings,
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=37625701&url_num=19&url=http://unitedforpeace.org/article.php?id=3012>National
Counter-Recruitment Meeting, &
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=37625701&url_num=20&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/article.php?list=type&type=90>Interfaith
Service

Planning to participate in either the Nonviolent Direct Action at the White
House or the Grassroots Congressional Lobby Day on Monday, September 26? Be
sure to sign up for the training sessions being offered during the day on
Sunday, September 25.
Direct action training:
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=37625701&url_num=21&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/nvdatraining>http://www.unitedforpeace.org/nvdatraining
Lobby Day advocacy training:
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=37625701&url_num=22&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/lobbytraining>http://www.unitedforpeace.org/lobbytraining

Clergy and Laity Concerned About Iraq will be holding a major interfaith
service on Sunday, September 25. Speakers include:
Rabbi Arthur Waskow, Director, The Shalom Center
Mairead Maguire, 1976 Nobel Peace Laureate
Rabbi Michael Lerner, Editor, Tikkun Magazine
Rev. Emilee Whitehurst, Executive Director, Austin Area Inter-religious
Association
Dr. Cornel West, Honorary Co-Chair, Clergy and Laity Concerned about Iraq

Details will be finalized by early next week; visit
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=37625701&url_num=23&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/faith>http://www.unitedforpeace.org/faith

A national counter-recruitment meeting will also take place on Sunday. For
more information, visit:
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=37625701&url_num=24&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/counterrecruitmobe%20>http://www.unitedforpeace.org/counterrecruitmobe
4) Monday, September 26:
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=37625701&url_num=25&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/lobbyday>Grassroots
Congressional Lobby Day,
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=37625701&url_num=26&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/nvda>Nonviolent
Direct Action at the White House

Join us in Washington, DC on Monday, September 26 to send a powerful
message to Congress: They must take action to stop this war! Make plans now
to join us -- visit
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=37625701&url_num=27&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/lobbyday>http://www.unitedforpeace.org/lobbyday
to sign up.

Along with the Grassroots Congressional Lobby Day, UFPJ is also organizing
a mass nonviolent civil resistance action at the White House. The tone,
theme and content of the action will create a wide gate through which many
people who are opposed to this war can take that next step of civil
resistance. For more information, and to join the action, visit
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=37625701&url_num=28&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/nvda>http://www.unitedforpeace.org/nvda

5) Spread the Word!

These last days before the Sept. 24-26 mobilization can make the difference
between a protest that is large and powerful and one that is truly massive
and historic. Please do everything you can to spread the word!

To download leaflets:
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=37625701&url_num=29&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/leaflets>http://www.unitedforpeace.org/leaflets
To download our web banner for your site or blog:
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=37625701&url_num=30&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/banners>http://www.unitedforpeace.org/banners

If you're in the New York City area, come by our office to pick up
hot-off-the-presses 11x17 posters promoting the mobilization. The office is
located at 322 Eighth Avenue, 9th floor (entrance on 26th Street), and we
are open everyday.

<http://www.unitedforpeace.org/fallmobe>
END THE WAR ON IRAQ!
BRING THE TROOPS HOME NOW!

Three Days of Peace & Justice Actions
in Washington, D.C.

September 24-26, 2005

Visit our website today to download leaflets, endorse the mobilization, and
learn more about the plans for this powerful weekend of action.

<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=37625701&url_num=32&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/septmobe>www.unitedforpeace.org/septmobe

ACTION ALERT * UNITED FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE
<http://www.unitedforpeace.org/> www.unitedforpeace.org | 212-868-5545
To subscribe, visit
<http://www.unitedforpeace.org/email>www.unitedforpeace.org/email