London Blasts: And the show goes on

The Cat's Dream NewsLetter
<http://TheCatsDream.com>http://TheCatsDream.com

And the show goes on
By Gabriele Zamparini

On Friday, July 22 a man was shot five times in the head on the floor of an
Underground train by the police in London. The killing of the man was the
big news of the day. Finally - many commentators on different TV channels
here in the UK were saying - finally we are seeing the result of serious
investigative operations. On the BBC I heard an "expert" saying that the
public wants to see results and the shooting of the man is the result the
public wants to see. TV journalists, with their impeccable aplomb,
speculated all day about the mysterious man who was killed. He was kept
under strict surveillance by the police since the day before, they said,
when he had escaped from one of the bombing sites. Press conferences after
press conferences, Sir Ian Blair, the Metropolitan Police Commissioner,
repeated how quick the investigation was proceeding.

Great! But the man was completely innocent. "Mr de Menezes had been
followed from his home in south London to Stockwell station after coming
under surveillance and was felt by police to be acting suspiciously. A
chase ensued before he was finally stopped on a Northern line train.
Despite an initial statement from the Metropolitan Police Commissioner, Sir
Ian Blair, that the man was "directly linked" to the terrorists who had
tried to kill Londoners on Thursday, the force last night admitted he was
not connected in any way." (The Independent)

Accordingly to a recent poll, "72% of people said they thought that
Britain's participation in the Iraq war had made us more vulnerable to
terrorist attack."

>From a recent report from The Royal Institute of International Affairs:
>"The report claims that there is 'no doubt' that the invasion of Iraq has
>imposed particular difficulties for the UK and for the wider coalition
>against terrorism. According to the paper, the situation in Iraq has
>'given a boost to the Al-Qaeda network's propaganda, recruitment and
>fundraising', whilst providing an ideal targeting and training area for
>Al-Qaeda-linked terrorists."

But Blair and his gang keep repeating that this is an attack on
"civilization", on "our values" and "our way of life". They keep repeating
that the invasion of Iraq has nothing to do with the London bombing.
Newspapers and TV channels keep asking Why are we attacked? Why we? Why
now? The answers go behind the fantasy, but the word "Iraq" is never
mentioned. Intellectuals, journalists and experts echo the master "It's an
attack on Western civilization".

And the show goes on. We keep taking the bus and the tube with the danger
to explode because of some bombs (or to be shot by some very efficient
police operations) while the main responsible for all this madness keep
preaching and lying from 10 Downing Street.

On the same subject read also "London Blasts: Don't let them win" By
Gabriele Zamparini
<http://www.thecatsdream.com/blog/2005/07/london-blasts-dont-let-them-win.htm>http://www.thecatsdream.com/blog/2005/07/london-blasts-dont-let-them-win.htm

Gabriele Zamparini is an independent filmmaker and freelance writer living
in London. He's the producer and director of the documentary series "XXI
CENTURY" and author of "American Voices of Dissent" (Paradigm Publishers,
Colorado, July 2005). He can be reached at info at thecatsdream.com - More
about him and his work on <http://TheCatsDream.com>http://TheCatsDream.com

***
Privacy Policy: If you don't want to receive e-mails from us, please reply
with UNSUBSCRIBE on the subject. Thank you.