[uruknet] - NL 27 June - Part two

  uruknet.info
  «Ë-Ë“Ê Æ‰Ê·Ë
:: information from occupied iraq
:: informazione dall'iraq occupato

The Privatization of War
Niloufer Bhagwat, World Tribunal on Iraq (WTI)
...The Bush and Blair administrations having failed to subdue the national
resistance of the people of Iraq, have been resorting to criminalized
tactics and the use of what is being termed as the ‘Salvador or Colombian
option’, with the use of private militias of thugs and mercenaries referred
to by various names such as the Muthana Brigade, Defenders of Khadamiya,
Special Police Commandoes and other diverse names using torture, kidnapping
an! d sectarian killings falsely attributed to one ethnic /religious group
or another to ignite a fratricidal civil war among Kurds and Arab /Turkmen,
Shias and Sunnis, with a view to break the unity of the national resistance
of the people of Iraq and to resort to an El Salvador or Colombian
situation where mass executions were carried out against various sections
of the population...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13126&s2=28>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13126

The Role of the ‘Coalition of the Willing’ in the Violation of
International Law and Universal Human Rights
Walden Bello, World Tribunal on Iraq (WTI)
...Whatever were their intentions, the members of the Coalition of the
Willing were used by the United States to provide legitimacy for the
invasion and occupation of an independent country, thus making them
accomplices in a massive violation of international law (...) The record of
the Coalition of the Willing in Iraq is a sordid and sorry one. The
Coalition tried! to do the impossible: provide legitimacy to a glaring and
unjustifiable violation of international law: the invasion of Iraq, an act
that must rank as low in terms of ignominy and infamy as the Nazi invasion
of Poland in 1939...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13131&s2=28>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13131

Next Steps for the Peace Movement
Ken Coates, Chairman, Bertrand Russell Peace Foundation - World Tribunal on
Iraq (WTI )
Our people need to know what has been happening in Iraq: but a systematic
analysis of the terrible events there is necessary for more reasons than
those of public instruction. Unless we learn from these events they will be
repeated: and the signs are that the repetitions could be soon. In a word,
the detailed examination of the war in Iraq is important throughout the
world, and above all to p! eace movements because of the light it throws on
military intentions, on the balance of military power, and on overall
threats to the peace of the world...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13130&s2=28>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13130

Creating Racism and Intolerance
Liz Fekete, World Tribunal on Iraq (WTI)
... I speak of a global architecture of repressive laws -a world-wide
system of repression instigated by the UN Security Council post-September
11- a global security regime that aligns anti-terrorist legislation in
major regions of the world to the security needs of the US. In fact, the
global security regime which I will describe was instrumental in
facilitating the invasion of Iraq. It brought together a motley crew of
authoritarian regim! es and 'democratic' governments around a dangerously
simplistic definition of 'international terrorism'. As such, the global
security regime provides the justification for future illegal wars...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13128&s2=28>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13128

Destruction of Cultural Heritage in Iraq: A Report from the Istanbul Initiative
Dr. Gül Pulhan, World Tribunal on Iraq (WTI)
...Even if it was due to pure ignorance and negligence, political and
military parties that are responsible for the looting, burning and
destruction of museums, archaeological and historical sites, libraries,
archives, and universities in Iraq should be held accountable for their
acts. We owe this to ancient Mesopotamians and to modern Iraqis...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13127&s2=28>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13127

Collective Punishment
Fadhil Al Bedrani, World Tribunal on Iraq (WTI)
Different crimes were and are being committing against Iraq and Iraqis by
the occupying American forces but I will concentrate on Falluja.. I am
speaking as a journalist and as a person from Falluja. I am an eyewitness
of the two strikes against Falluja in April and November 2004. In the first
massacre 518 civilians were killed among them, according to Dr Ahmed Hardan
of the Falluja General Hospital, were 216 children who were killed either
by ! the Americans or because of the lack of food and drinking water while
the town was under siege. The first massacre began on April 4th 04 till May
1st. I could never forget the killing of 25 members of two families
gathered in one house in Goulan area; this crime happened on April 11 04...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13125&s2=28>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13125

Detentions and Prison Conditions
Amal Sawadi, World Tribunal on Iraq (WTI)
...There is onoing torture in Iraqi prisons by the U.S. and U.K. forces.
They have killers who are slowly killing people. They are using these
killers in the prisons. What we are about to expose about these tortures is
our documented truth. First of all, they are imprisoned without any legal
justification. Sometimes they use Iraqi police for capturing people - they
come to the house and enter in the middle of the night, at 2am or 3 am,
whe! n everybody is asleep. They use explosives to break down the doors,
then the soldiers enter the house and they point their guns at everybody in
the house...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13124&s2=28>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13124

The Excessive Use of Weapons and Banned Weapons
The Use of Depleted Uranium (DU) Weapons
Akira Maeda, Sayo Saruta, Koichi Inamori, ICTI - World Tribunal on Iraq (WTI)
The US and UK troops in the attacks on Iraq that started on 21 March 2001
used DU weapons during the battles at various places in Iraq (...) During
the Gulf War in January 1991, the US Armed Forces dropped 320 tons of
depleted uranium weapons on Iraq. Since after the war, there has been a
high incidence of strange phenomenon not seen i! n Iraq before the war.
There have been several incidences of such phenomenon as several members of
one family developing cancer, or one patient having several types of
cancer, etc., cancer that spreads fast, the outbreak of infectious diseases
due to fast spreading cancer, leukemia, aplastic anemia, and malignant
tumor, and immunodeficiency, massive herpes, and herpes zoster pain,
symptoms resembling AIDS, syndrome due to liver and kidney dysfunction,
hereditary dysphasia (hereditary damage) due to gene defects.

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13123&s2=28>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13123

Ruin of Daily Life
Eman Khammas, World Tribunal on Iraq (WTI)
As my sister Haifa told me, I have to talk about daily life in Iraq under
occupation but I feel compelled to talk about something more important than
the power cuts, the lack of water and the contamination of the environment.
I will be talking about certain cities under embargo and cities being
bombed, such as Khaim and Fallujah. Even now Falluja is under the same
embargo and it is probably going through a worse process than it did
before...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13122&s2=28>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13122

Gender Based Violence
Hana Ibrahim, World Tribunal on Iraq (WTI)
...Bush did not apologise for all the crimes committed against women, for
all the violations committed against women, not only in Abu Ghraib prison
but all over Iraq. We should also remember here the children that were born
in Abu Ghraib prison. This should not make us forget all the suffering of
women who are not imprisoned. Bush never apologised for all the wrongs that
have been committed against women. Gender discrimination is a very clear
issue ! in Iraq...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13121&s2=28>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13121

The War Against Iraq and the Peace Projects in Palestine: The Rearrangement
of the Middle East Region to meet the American-Israeli Interests
Ahmed Jaradat, World Tribunal on Iraq (WTI)
From the very beginning, there has been a link between what is happening in
Iraq since the American invasion and what America and its allies-especially
Israel-are planning for the whole area. Their aim is to secure by force
complete control over the wealth and natural resources of the Middle East.
In addition, strengthening the Isr! aeli role and military-economic
superiority over the region will keep it as a strike-force against any
opposition or liberation movement in these countries...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13119&s2=28>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13119

The Role of the Media
Saul Landau, World Tribunal on Iraq (WTI)
...Indeed, the major media has evolved as an instrument through which the
dominant commercial culture – trivia to the nth degree -- reproduces
itself. “News” has become part of the reproductive process. Indeed,
journalists learn axioms of “news reporting” as part of their
apprenticeship. For example, newspaper readers and TV and radio audiences
expect the “free press” to inform them of relevant facts so that the
electorate can understand policy and a! pprove or disapprove. But the media
automatically validates the Presidency – the result of the will of the
majority, after all -- by accepting its deceitful utterances as truthful,
even when it knows better...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13118&s2=28>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13118

Collateral Damage: Mexico (Impacts of the U.S. Aggression in Iraq upon Mexico)
John Ross, World Tribunal on Iraq
...Although Mexico is not a member of George Bush's disintegrating
"Coalition of the Willing" and, in fact, strenuously opposed the invasion
of Iraq and its continuing occupation by Washington's troops, it has been
impacted by the war because of its geographical propinquity to the
aggressor. Since 2003, the U.S. aggression has cost Mexico the lives of
nearly one hundred of its sons and daughters, the o! ver-exploitation of
precious natural resources to fuel Bush's war, and immeasurable damage to
its national sovereignty...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13129&s2=28>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13129

Illegality of Preventive Attack and Unilateral Use of Force
Phil Shiner*, World Tribunal on Iraq (WTI)
In this paper I wish to address three issues: 1. Whether the Iraq war was a
“crime of aggression” (which is the “worst of crimes”); 2. Whether the way
in which the war was conducted involved the commission of “war crimes” and;
3. Whether the subsequent occupation of Iraq involved, and continues to
involve, the commission of “war crimes”, “crimes against humanity” and
other illegal acts...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13117&s2=28>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13117

A Guide to the President's First Post-Downing Street Speech on Iraq
Ralph Nader and Kevin Zeese, Globalresearch.ca
President Bush will be addressing the nation about Iraq on Tuesday night.
This is the first time he will be speaking to the country on the U.S.
occupation of Iraq since the Downing Street Memos have been released. As
ten senators pointed out in a letter on Friday, June 24 “at a time the
White House was promising Congress and the American people that war would
be their last resort, that they believe! d military action against Iraq was
'inevitable.'”...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13113&s2=28>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13113

Iraqi Resistance Report for events of Monday, 27 June 2005
Translated and/or compiled by Muhammad Abu Nasr, member, editorial board,
the Free Arab Voice. ( http://www.freearabvoice.org )
...The Iraqi Resistance organizations the Islamic Army in Iraq and the Base
Qa‘idah of the Jihad in the Land of the Two Rivers issued statements on the
Internet Monday “categorically denying” media reports that its
representatives met with US military and intelligence officials. The two
statements followed a denial on Sunday by! the other Resistance group with
whom the Americans had claimed to have met...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13115&s2=28>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13115

President George W. Bush is now impeachable
Joseph Hillier, www.globalresearch.ca/
...The criminal American president George W. Bush, with a fully acquiescent
Congress, and a cowardly profit driven news media will, if unchecked,
through unconstrained military force burn and bomb the world into a role of
such deep and pervasive submission to corporate greed that future
generations may have no chance to ever again successfully rise in
opposition to the ugly policies of profit maximization over social
responsibility! , and a misplaced faith in cut-throat competition over
political cooperation and fundamental social decency. What I am saying is
that this is the moment that the gloves must come off...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13134&s2=28>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13134

'Iraqi Resistance Denies Negotiations With U.S. Occupation Forces
Al-Hayat
...Iraqi forces opposed to the occupation affirm that the rumours about US
attempts to negotiate with the resistance are "a mere fabrication". They
also affirm the existence of attempts by the United States "to create
parties that seemingly oppose it, but which it actually controls and uses
to suppress the real trends that reject the occupation and the political
process stemming from it"...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13136&s2=28>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13136

The War Against Iraq and the Peace Projects in Palestine: The Rearrangement
of the Middle East Region to meet the American-Israeli Interests
Ahmed Jaradat, World Tribunal on Iraq (WTI)
From the very beginning, there has been a link between what is happening in
Iraq since the American invasion and what America and its allies-especially
Israel-are planning for the whole area. Their aim is to secure by force
complete control over the wealth and natural resources of the Middle East.
In addition, strengthening the Isr! aeli role and military-economic
superiority over the region will keep it as a strike-force against any
opposition or liberation movement in these countries...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13119&s2=28>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13119

Can It Prevent Monetizing Mercy?
Where is the UN?
KATHY KELLY, CounterPunch
...Ali wrote: “What happened in US if any one from US army feels hungry?
For sure you all now saying the US government will do all they can to do,
even they will send in… many airplanes … bringing all the best types of
good energy foods and best supplements to make them (the army) stronger to
kill the life in poor people. BUT, what about if any one from Iraqi people
feels hungry? Simply the answer is no one will care about us (.! ..) So,
why we are still suffering from hungry and may be some families rich or
they have the ability of shopping but what about others sleeping without
dinner and what about the crying of baby for milk and his mother dying to
give it to him, crying … who give mercy to her and her baby? Where is Bush
and his flag he carried to bring the democracy and freedom? Who is the hero
in our government … and why all the world organizations still silent and
where is the UN?”...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13133&s2=28>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13133

US post-9/11 Strategy in the Muslim World: Promote Sunni, Shiite, Arab and
non-Arab Divides
Rand Corporation Study Conducted on behalf of the US Air Force
Abdus Sattar Ghazali, http://www.globalresearch.ca
A new Rand Corporation study suggests that Sunni, Shiite and Arab, non-Arab
divides should be exploited to promote the US policy objectives in the
Muslim world. The recently released Rand study - titled “The Muslim World
After 9/11” – was conducted on behalf of the US Air Force. One of the p!
rimary objective of the study was to “identify the key cleavages and fault
lines among sectarian, ethnic, regional, and national lines and to assess
how these cleavages generate challenges and opportunities for the United
States.” The research brief was issued by the Rand Corporation under the
title: US strategy in the Muslim World after 9/11...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=13135&s2=28>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info/?p=13135

<http://www.uruknet.info>www.uruknet.info: a site gathering daily
information concerning occupied Iraq: news, analysis, documents and texts
of iraqi resistance available in Italian and English.

You receive this newsletter because you subscribed it. If you think it has
been an abuse, or simply if you don't want to receive it any more, to
unsubscribe from our newsletter, please write to
<mailto:webmaster at uruknet.info?subject=UNSUBSCRIBE>webmaster at uruknet.info
If you cannot read correctly our newsletter, please write to
<mailto:webmaster at uruknet.info?subject=ONLYTEXT>webmaster at uruknet.info to
get the text-version.