[uruknet.info] - [daily information from occupied iraq] - [newsletter 30 Oct 2004]

  uruknet.info
  «Ë-Ë"Ê Æ‰Ê·Ë
:: information from occupied iraq
:: informazione dall'iraq occupato

OSSERVAZIONI SUL "TRIBUNALE MONDIALE SULL'IRAQ"
Fulvio Grimaldi, Mondocane fuorilinea
Anzittutto va notato il titolo dell'iniziativa. Differentemente da
precedenti tribunali a cui si dice di rifarsi, nel titolo non si specifica
l'oggetto, se non "Iraq", comprensivo di tutto e del contrario di tutto.
Ricordiamoci che il tribunale dell'International Action Center si
intitolava "sui crimini di guerra contro la Jugoslavia" e quindi non dava
adito a dubbi circa l'oggetto del procedere (...)Insomma, il rischio è che
d! a questa impresa "buonista" si esca fuori con una tardiva condanna dei
presupposti ideologici ed economici della politica estera statunitense,
attraverso l'analisi del Project for a New American Century e della
dottrina della guerra preventiva, pronti a schierarsi con Kerry e con la
continuità di un'espansionismo imperialista e terrorista
statunitense-sionista che si presenti con fragranze di "multilateralismo".

<http://www.uruknet.info?s1=1&p=6717&s2=30>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info?p=6717

Lies will get you nowhere!
Abu Assur, Al-Moharer
...The mightiest army elements in documented history are being hunted like
turkeys on the Mesopotamian plains. The Army, which can destroy this whole
planet many times with the WMD, it has amassed, is fighting ghosts. This
corporate army defending the US way of life, a beacon for humanity (Abu
Ghraib!) is on its knees begging for help, asking for extra troops from
countries which hardly exist on the map or we never heard of before like
Fiji, Bangladesh, Azerbaijan,! Moldavia, and others, through bribes, tricks
and schemes for a desperate coalition of the billing...

<http://www.uruknet.info?s1=1&p=6715&s2=30>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info?p=6715

Denouncing Imperialism
John Pilger
...The coming atrocity in the city of Fallujah, in which British troops,
against the wishes of the British people, are to be accessories, is a case
in point. For American politicians and journalists - there are a few
honourable exceptions - the US marines are preparing for another of their
"battles". Their last attack on Fallujah, in April, provides a preview
(...) John Kerry said nothing; the media reported the atrocity as "a
military operation" against "foreign militants" and ! "insurgents", never
against civilians and Iraqis defending their homes and homeland...

<http://www.uruknet.info?s1=1&p=6716&s2=30>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info?p=6716

Expanding Halliburton probe confirms Bush administration is most corrupt in
US history
Patrick Martin
On the eve of the 2004 presidential election, allegations about the corrupt
relationship between the Bush administration and Halliburton Corp., the
company formerly run by Vice President Richard Cheney, have taken center
stage once again. Press reports Friday said that the FBI has expanded an
ongoing investigation into contracts obtained by Halliburton's subsidiary,
Kellogg Brown & Root (KBR), in Iraq and Kuwait.! ..

<http://www.uruknet.info?s1=1&p=6713&s2=30>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info?p=6713

Bush's Global War on Christians
Glen Chancy
...In fact, the current policies of the Bush administration are threatening
to absolutely devastate ancient and pious Christian communities whose blood
will be on all our heads. To deal with the subject honestly, it must be
acknowledged that it almost appears as if President George Walker Bush were
waging a global war against Christians (...) Among the primary tenets of
Ba'athist ideology was a dedication to religious tolerance (...)"And Saddam
reportedly sometim! es attended services at Christian churches in Baghdad
and even delivered an annual Christmas address" (...) To say the least,
since being liberated from Saddam, things have gone badly for a great many
Iraqis. However, the time has been especially harsh for the Assyrian
Christians (...)Even Christian homes and private land are being
appropriated. The Kurds, America's erstwhile allies, are among the worst
offenders...

<http://www.uruknet.info?s1=1&p=6711&s2=30>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info?p=6711

Witnesses say Iraqi forces fired on civilians, leaving dozens killed or injured
Associated Press
Witnesses said Saturday that Iraqi forces opened fire on six vehicles,
including three minibuses, after a U.S. convoy came under attack in a
central Iraqi town south of Baghdad, killing or injuring more than a dozen
people. Eyewitnesses speaking to Associated Press Television News said an
American convoy was attacked early Saturday near the town of Haswa, about
25 miles south of the capital...

<http://www.uruknet.info?s1=1&p=6699&s2=30>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info?p=6699

The eternal circle of the Iraqi insurgency
Ashraf Fahim
...The fact that the administration of US President George W Bush is even
contemplating a new offensive suggests it has not re-evaluated this
reliance on military force that has characterized its failed
counterinsurgency strategy to date. Intense US military operations and
insurgent attacks killed more than 3,040 Iraqis from April to September
according to the Iraqi Health Ministry, and a study published on Friday in
the Lancet medical journal puts overall d! eaths as a result of violence
since the US invasion at 100,000, mostly civilians (other estimates put the
total at 15,000-30,000). Whatever the true figure, the violence has
undoubtedly engendered enmity and inflamed the insurgency...

<http://www.uruknet.info?s1=1&p=6705&s2=30>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info?p=6705

An Interview with General Abu al Mu'tassim, a Baath and Iraqi Resistance leader
Al-Moharer
What we have been planning before the Occupation as Resistance Actions is
being right now precisely and successfully executed. We are confident for
the future. The Resistance has become now a popular state no one can
ignore. We have filmed many of our high quality operations, but the Arab
Satellite Channels refused to air because of US pressure. We do have a
unified military leadership, which includes the best of our army o!
fficers, and supervises the Baath and Islamic Resistance fighters. The
Resistance fighters are the masters of the Iraqi street...

<http://www.uruknet.info?s1=1&p=6714&s2=30>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info?p=6714

The two scenarios in Iraq
PHILIP KNIGHTLEY
...The truth is that the war in Iraq never finished. Many of the insurgents
are led by former Bathists, lots with military experience. It is quite
likely that Saddam Hussein planned it this way. Otherwise why was one of
the last acts of his regime the throwing open the nation's arsenals to
allow history's biggest transfer of arms from a government to its people to
take place—between eight and twelve million weapons...

<http://www.uruknet.info?s1=1&p=6706&s2=30>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info?p=6706

Reporter saw insurgents loot Qaqaa arms depot
Katrin Bennhold International Herald Tribune
A French journalist who visited the Qaqaa munitions depot south of Baghdad
in November last year said she witnessed Islamic insurgents looting vast
supplies of explosives more than six months after the demise of Saddam
Hussein's regime. The account of Sara Daniel, which will be published
Wednesday in the French weekly Le Nouvel Observateur, lends further weight
to allegations that American occupying forces in Iraq fa! iled to protect
hundreds of tons of munitions from extremists plotting attacks against
their own troops.

<http://www.uruknet.info?s1=1&p=6704&s2=30>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info?p=6704

A War We Can't Win
Charley Reese
...In counterinsurgency warfare, there is no such thing as a "decisive
battle." Of course the heavily armed American forces can win every single
stand-up battle they fight in Iraq. Of course they can take Fallujah or any
other city they wish to take. Americans won every stand-up battle they
fought in Vietnam, but who won the war? The Vietnamese communists (...) It
is our presence in Iraq that is the source of the insurgency. As with
Vietnam, the insurgency will end when we leave, ! and not before. We are in
a war we can't win...

<http://www.uruknet.info?s1=1&p=6703&s2=30>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info?p=6703

8 U.S. Marines killed west of Baghdad
9 more injured as troops prepare for major Fallujah offensive
MSNBC News Services
Eight U.S. Marines were killed and nine others wounded in action Saturday
in Anbar province west of Baghdad, the U.S. military announced. The
statement gave no details of how they were killed or injured and did not
say where the engagement took place, citing security. They were assigned to
the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force. Anbar province includes Fallujah, where
the U.S. military is gear! ing up for a major offensive, as well as Ramadi
and Qaim along the Syrian border. Ahead of the projected assault, U.S.
forces launched airstrikes against suspected militant bases in Fallujah
earlier on Saturday and carried out probing attacks on the city's
outskirts. (...) Meantime, the U.S. military said Saturday that an American
soldier was killed by a suicide car bomber in the nearby city of Ramadi. A
military spokesman said the attack on a U.S. army convoy occurred Friday...

<http://www.uruknet.info?s1=1&p=6702&s2=30>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info?p=6702

100,000 War Crimes
Bob Dreyfuss
The staggering research reported in the British journal Lancet shows the
magnitude of the Bush administration's war crimes: 98,000 Iraqi civilians
dead, including 40,000 children. And that's not even counting Fallujah
(...) I guess I don't think most Americans care a lot about dead Iraqis. I
hope I'm wrong...

<http://www.uruknet.info?s1=1&p=6698&s2=30>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info?p=6698

Iraq, la seconda forza della coalizione: I mercenari
megachip
I mercenari sono la seconda più grande forza in Iraq, superando anche il
più grosso alleato degli Stati Uniti, la Gran Bretagna. Circa 15.000 uomini
appartenenti ad imprese private militari sono all'opera in Iraq, secondo la
stima di Peter Singer, autore di "I guerrieri della corporazione: La salita
dell'industria privatizzata militare"...

<http://www.uruknet.info?s1=1&p=6697&s2=30>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info?p=6697

List of Bush excuses (LIES) about the missing Iraq explosives
BUZZFLASH
OK, Now that there is video proof that the 750,000 pounds of stolen
hi-grade explosives were still at the Iraq bunker site at least until April
18, 2003. So now we know for a FACT that Bush and his surrogates have been
lying like crazy the last 4 days! Wow! To see a serial liar caught dead to
rights is certainly something to see. But to watch a president do it in
front of the entire country, especially during an election campaign is just
amaz! ing...

<http://www.uruknet.info?s1=1&p=6696&s2=30>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info?p=6696

Purple Hearts: Back from Iraq
Nina Berman Interviewed By Tucker Foehl
They are the images the government doesn't want you to see -- of soldiers
returning from "Operation Iraqi Freedom," wounded for life, physically and
emotionally. Many are in their late teens and early twenties. They are
double-amputees, paraplegics, burn victims, depressives. Every day we hear
of soldiers killed, and more injured, in Iraq. Yet we see very little of
them. Last spring, Nina Berman, a New York-based photographer, decided to
take a! ction...

<http://www.uruknet.info?s1=1&p=6694&s2=30>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info?p=6694

Black Watch senior officers question No 10 Iraq strategy
Michael Smith - The Telegraph
Senior officers with the Black Watch battle group sent north to replace
American soldiers believe that the Government agreed to send them there
without properly understanding the risks the troops face. They said the
United States marines they were replacing had suffered more than 200
casualties, including nine dead, since July. "We expect every lunatic
terrorist from miles around to descend on us like bees to honey," a high-r!
anking officer said in an e-mail home this week...

<http://www.uruknet.info?s1=1&p=6692&s2=30>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info?p=6692

Falluja hit as town braces for US assault
Aljazeera.net
Four Iraqis were killed and six injured in US air raids on the Al-Askary
neighborhood, east of Falluja on Friday as the town braced for an US
assault on it. The US marines announced they were in preparations for a
"decisive" assault on Falluja and the city of Ramadi even as the country's
interim prime minister issued another ultimatum to the town's residents. In
Ramadi, west of Baghdad, fierce clashes erupted between Iraqi fighters and
US troops at the easte! rn entrance of the city. Medical sources in Ramadi
hospital said two women were injured in the clashes...

<http://www.uruknet.info?s1=1&p=6693&s2=30>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info?p=6693

FBI probes Halliburton's Pentagon contracts
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
The FBI has begun investigating whether the Pentagon improperly awarded
no-bid contracts to Halliburton Co., seeking an interview with a top Army
contracting officer and collecting documents from several government
offices. The line of inquiry expands an earlier FBI investigation into
whether Halliburton overcharged taxpayers for fuel in Iraq, and it elevates
to a criminal matter the election-year question of whether the Bush
administration showed f! avoritism to Vice President Dick Cheney's former
company...

<http://www.uruknet.info?s1=1&p=6691&s2=30>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info?p=6691

Anatomia di una guerra
Greg Guma, Nuovi Mondi Media
... "Gli iracheni dicono che a causa degli americani hanno ottenuto libertà
in cambio di insicurezza" spiega. "E che in qualsiasi momento
restituirebbero la libertà per riavere la sicurezza, anche se ciò potrebbe
significare avere un governo dittatoriale". Poi raggiunge il culmine, certa
di provocare giorni e giorni di dibattiti sullo stile dello show televisivo
americano "Crossfire", se mai riuscisse a ottenere la visibilità che
merita, aggiungendo: "Ho sentito! un iracheno colto dire che se a Saddam
Hussein fosse concesso di candidarsi alle elezioni otterrebbe la
maggioranza dei voti"...

<http://www.uruknet.info?s1=1&p=6685&s2=30>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info?p=6685

La madre del soldato
Teri Wills Allison, Peacereporter
...So che ci sono madri di soldati che vedono la guerra in Iraq attraverso
lenti ideologiche diverse dalle mie. A volte le invidio. Dio, come deve
essere più semplice credere che il proprio figlio o la propria figlia
stiano lottando per una causa nobile e giusta! Ma per quanto io cerchi di
analizzare l'invasione e l'occupazione dell'Iraq, tutto quello che vedo
sono menzogne, corruzione e cupidigia alimentata da un deciso aumento del
petrolio. Soldati reali ve! ngono ridotti a brandelli nelle loro Hummer in
modo che gli abitanti delle periferie motorizzate d'America possano giocare
nelle loro...

<http://www.uruknet.info?s1=1&p=6684&s2=30>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: www.uruknet.info?p=6684

<http://www.uruknet.info>www.uruknet.info: a site gathering daily
information concerning occupied Iraq: news, analysis, documents and texts
of iraqi resistance available in Italian and English.

You receive this newsletter because you subscribed it. If you think it has
been an abuse, or simply if you don't want to receive it any more, to
unsubscribe from our newsletter, please write to
<mailto:webmaster at uruknet.info?subject=UNSUBSCRIBE>webmaster at uruknet.info
If you cannot read correctly our newsletter, please write to
<mailto:webmaster at uruknet.info?subject=ONLYTEXT>webmaster at uruknet.info to
get the text-version.
Se questo messaggio non si legge correttamente, scrivi a
<mailto:webmaster at uruknet.info?subject=ONLYTEXT>webmaster at uruknet.info per
ricevere la versione solo testo.