Fw: [A.N.S.W.E.R.] Saturday, July 24: Solidarity Fast to Bring Down the Israeli Apartheid Wall!

----- Original Message -----
From: A.N.S.W.E.R.-SF
To: activist at actionsf.org
Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2004 3:58 AM
Subject: [A.N.S.W.E.R.] Saturday, July 24: Solidarity Fast to Bring Down the Israeli Apartheid Wall!

Saturday, July 24, 10am - 4pm

Bring Down the Israeli Apartheid Wall! Join the Solidarity Fast for Justice and Peace!

24th and Mission St. BART

In solidarity with the ongoing Palestinian hunger strike against the Israeli Apartheid Wall, and in honor of all who are struggling against war, racism and poverty across the globe, from Iraq, to Haiti, to Afghanistan and beyond, the Free Palestine Alliance calls for a "Solidarity Fast" in Tents of Justice and Peace throughout the country on 6 days beginning this Saturday, July 24.

Throughout these six days, we will raise our voices high so that policy makers of the twin parties and the elected president may hear our demand for justice and dignity. Our call for a Solidarity Fast comes in full solidarity with and as part of the various events and activities planned for all these days. We call on all to join us in our fast as we pitch together Tents of Justice and Peace throughout the country, to culminate with joining the national counter-inaugural mobilization called for by the ANSWER Coalition in Washington, D.C. on January 20, 2005.

-- We will fast to bring down the Apartheid Wall that is placing the Palestinian people in a segregation prison of racism and bigotry.

-- We will fast to call for the right to return of the Palestinian people to their homes and homeland after 56 years of exile and dispossession.

-- We will fast to demand an end to the colonial occupation of Iraq that is masquerading in various forms.

-- We will fast in solidarity with all who are struggling against poverty, racism, and war - in the United States and across the world.

-- We will fast in honor of people's solidarity with each other, as we collectively reject segregation and Apartheid.