Send a Message at the Democratic Convention, July 26-29, Boston

ACTION ALERT * UNITED FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE
http://www.unitedforpeace.org | 212-868-5545

SEND A MESSAGE AT THE DEMOCRATIC NATIONAL CONVENTION: JULY 26-29, BOSTON

Visit our website at http://www.unitedforpeace.org/dnc for details about
protests and other activities at the DNC

During this election year, it is critical that our movement speak out and
be heard. From July 26 to 29, the Democratic Party will gather in Boston
for their quadrennial nominating convention. The presumptive presidential
and vice-presidential candidates, John Kerry and John Edwards (both of whom
voted for the Iraq War resolution), and the leadership of the Democratic
Party need to hear an emphatic message from people around this country: Now
is the time to end the war and occupation in Iraq, now is the time to chart
a new course for this nation.

United for Peace and Justice is working with and supporting Boston-based
organizations in a range of activities in the days before and during the
Democratic National Convention, designed to spotlight the progressive
agenda. We encourage you to join us in Boston, where there will be a host
of events to take part in: rallies and marches and conferences and
educational forums. For a full list of what's happening, visit our web site
at http://www.unitedforpeace.org/dnc

Thanks to the generosity of our supporters, UFPJ will also be publishing a
full-page ad in the Boston Phoenix during the convention, calling on John
Kerry and the Democrats to take a stand against the ongoing military
occupation of Iraq.

If you can't go to Boston, there are opportunities for you to organize
events locally that tie into the themes and messages coming from Boston. On
Sunday, July 25, the delegates to the Democratic Party Convention are
invited to attend a series of parties around Boston being organized by that
city's mayor. A coalition of community groups have been organizing
neighborhood-based Peoples' Parties that same evening ... and they hope
people around the country will do similar events at the same time. For more
information about the Peoples' Parties, go to
http://unitedforpeace.org/article.php?id=2425

A special word to those of you in the greater Boston area: Housing is
needed for people who will be coming to town for these activities. If you
are able to offer space, please go to the housing board at
http://blackteasociety.org/forums/index.php?c=2

The convention in Boston will focus a great deal of attention on the
Democratic Party. It can also be an opportunity for the peace and justice
movement to inject our issues into the public discussion, and to show the
Democratic Party leadership the depth of anti-war sentiment in the country.
Help us make the protests and other activities in Boston as strong as they
can be!

AUGUST 29, THE WORLD SAYS NO TO THE BUSH AGENDA!
March and Rally at the Republican National Convention, New York City
Visit the new RNC mobilizing section of our website for resources and to
endorse the August 29 demonstration:
http://www.unitedforpeace.org/rnc
We need your financial support to make the August 29 protest a success:
http://www.unitedforpeace.org/donate