WAR AND PEACE IN THE INFORMATION AGE: NEW ISSUE OF PEACE NEWS

PLEASE CIRCULATE ON MESSAGE BOARDS/DISCUSSION LISTS ETC...

Dear Friends

The new issue of Peace News tackles the subject of ''War and peace in the
information age'. Rather than filling our pages with articles dissing
corporate media (not that they don't deserve it), we have produced an issue
of Peace News that focuses on five areas which we feel will be of use to
activists and campaigners worldwide:

* How activists and campaigners are using new media technologies
* The development of grassroots independent media during conflict
* The use of media to generate and sustain conflict
* The challenges of working in mainstream media
* The value of peace journalism

Plus a funky tools section, including everything from how to run your own
pirate radio station and workshop ideas for guerilla propaganda, to
alternative media listings and where to find activist guides on using the
mainstream media.

To order your copy visit http://www.peacenews.info/webshop/index.php today.
To order multiple copies to sell at meetings, actions, events etc contact
admin at peacenews.info.

With best wishes for your campaigning

Simon
PN Promotions

Weblinks:
Peace News home: www.peacenews.info
PN2453 contents: http://www.peacenews.info/issues/2453/index.php

"Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right
includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive
and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of
frontiers".

--------------------
Peace News for nonviolent revolution
5 Caledonian Road, London N1 9DY, Britain
Tel:+44 20 7278 3344 Fax:+44 20 7278 0444
http://www.peacenews.info
Editor: Ippy <editorial at peacenews.info>
Admin: John Courtneidge <admin at peacenews.info>
Finance: Lesley Harrison <finance at peacenews.info>
Website manager: Daniel Sewe <webmaster at peacenews.info>
Assistant news editors: Lindsay Barnes <news at peacenews.info>; Caroline
Lauer <webnews at peacenews.info>
Reviews editor: Melanie Jarman <reviews at peacenews.info>
Promotions worker: Simon Dixon <promos at peacenews.info>
Peace News is produced in cooperation with War Resisters' International
***The revolution starts with you***