5th Int'l Conference on Peace and Nonviolent Action, India Feb. 2003

PeaceLink-computer network
ITALY

Dear friend(s),

Please ignore this email if you have already confirmed your participation
in the Fifth International Conference on Peace and Nonviolent Action
(ICPNA), India Feb. 2003

	I haven't yet heard anything from you as to whether it will be
possible for you to attend our Fifth International Conference on Peace and
Nonviolent Action (ICPNA) being held at our Peace Palace, Rajsamand, near
Udaipur (Rajasthan) India from February 23 to 28, 2003.  The theme of the V
ICPNA is Seeking the True Meaning of a Culture of Peace and Nonviolence for
the Children of the World.  Today, I am reminded of Mahatma Gandhi who laid
down his life for the sake of Ahimsa 55 years ago on this day i.e. 30th
January, 1948.  He is still a beacon of hope for humanity though he is no
more physically with us.  Already more than 70 overseas and 80 Indian
participants have registered.  Those who are coming are highly committed
people who have dedicated their lives to the cause of ahimsa.  They are
doing seminal work in their countries and have contributed greatly to the
worldwide campaign to promote a culture of ahimsa.  It will be an
unforgettable experience to hear them and share your vision with them.

        As I write this letter there seems to be a potential threat of a US
led war against Iraq.  It is time peace lovers of the World stood united to
oppose it tooth and nails.  Though the dates of the V ICPNA are drawing
nigh I feel that in view of the grave crisis of basic values that humanity
is facing today, your participation in the V ICPNA is a must.  Give top
priority to it to save the world from the catastrophe looming large over
our heads.  The V ICPNA which aims at seeking the true meaning of a culture
of peace and nonviolence for the children of the world is a constructive
step to ensure the nonviolent futuristic society - a timely action to halt
the much of a culture of violence closing in on children and youths - the
future citizens of the world.  In order to facilitate the participation of
peace lovers Anuvibha has made elaborate arrangements of stay at the Peace
Palace Campus.  Besides rooms on twin-sharing basis we are also trying to
have tented accommodation at the venue itself.  For children or students we
will have dormitory accommodation.  It is all subsidized.  Even if you have
not registered or wrote but if you feel inclined in view of the importance
of this conference please come and register on spot.  You are most welcome.
All participants registered or unregistered will be met with at Udaipur
airport, Railway Station and Central Bus Stand on 22nd and 23rd February,
2003.  The conference will be inaugurated by the Vice-President of India at
10.00 A.M. on 23rd February, 2003.  All delegates will proceed to Mumbai on
26th February, 2003 as pilgrims of nonviolence via Ahmedabad in special
buses and will arrive in Mumbai on 27th February evening.  It will be a
thrilling experience to see the countryside of India. I may add that peace
bus pilgrimage is free of cost for all participants who have notified for
it.  Their stay at Mumbai will be free.   If you can afford to pay the
registration fee, do pay as a gesture of good will else write for waiver.

        I look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you to the Peace
Palace at Rajsamand.  For details please visit our website
www.anuvibha.org.  For pre and post conference tours contact Mr. Pritpal
Singh, Senior Manager, Meeting & Conferences Managements, Creative Travel
Pvt. Ltd., Creative Plaze, Nanakpura, Moti Bagh, New Delhi-110021, Tel:
91-11-4679192/6872257, Fax: 91-11-6885886/6889764, Emails-
pritpalsingh at travel2india.com or creative at travel2india.com

Yours sincerely,

(Dr. S.L. Gandhi)
Organizing Secretary General, V ICPNA
& International Secretary General, ANUVIBHA
P.O. Box 1003
Gandhinagar Post Office,
JAIPUR-302 015 (India)
Phone ®-141-2707347/O-2705439