IMPORTANTE!

Venerdi' 28 Luglio, i ministri della sanita' australiani e neozelandese si incontreranno per decidere le regole di etichettatura degli alimenti, o almeno per prendere una posizione. Mandate una email ai ministri chiedendogli di adottare regole severe e restrittive. Le email piu' importanti sono quelle che seguono. Chi volesse anche le altre mi contatti. Il testo da mandare lo trovate qua sotto. Per favore mandate, inviate e inoltrate! Non dimenticate di mettere il vostro nome e cognome alla fine.

DIFFONDETE IN ALTRE LISTE E SUBITO!
Se volete l'appello di Greenpeace in INGLESE CONTATTATEMI!
Fabio Quattrocchi fabiocchi@infinito.it

annette.king@parliament.govt.nz Ministro della sanita' neozelandese
Michael.Wooldridge.MP@aph.gov.au Ministro della sanita' australiano
judy.jackson@parliament.tas.gov.au Ministro della sanita' Tasmaniano

As a concerned member of the public, I am calling on ANZFA to proceed with the strict labelling regime on Friday 28 July, that was committed to last year by the Australian and New Zealand Health Ministers.  I think it is unacceptable that the Australia Prime Minister John Howard is pressuring the New Zealand Prime Minister Helen Clark to water down the promised labelling system.

I believe it is the right of every person to know what is in the food they eat.  The general public have the right to exercise their power as a consumer by deciding whether or not they wish to consume genetically engineered food.  It is unclear at the moment which products contain engineered ingredients, which is a blatant disregard of the consumer's right to know.

As identified by the recent KPMG report, comprehensive labelling would compromise very little of the total cost of production.  Their report indicated that cost is no barrier to mandatory labelling.

Commitment to labelling was made last August, so we have been waiting for progress on this promise for eleven months now.  I would like ANZFA to stop stalling the process and for the Government to realise that the Australian public will not accept a shabby labelling system.

Therefore I demand that you, in the ANZFA meeting on the 28 July, ensure that the labelling system agreed to is water tight, without any thresholds imposed, as these will undoubtedly lead to exploitation of the system.  It is essential that all products that contain genetically engineered ingredients, processing aids and additives are clearly and comprehensively labelled.
Yours sincerely