[Disarmo] Fwd: REVEALED: secretly filmed U.S. military equipment in Yemen

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Da: Erica Fein <info at winwithoutwar.org>
Date: gio 14 nov 2019, 21:49
Subject: REVEALED: secretly filmed U.S. military equipment in Yemen
To: Elio Pagani <eliopaxnowar at gmail.com>

U.S.-made Oshkosh armored vehicles were secretly filmed rolling onto the dock at the Yemeni port of Aden last week.

Win Without War

Elio—U.S.-made Oshkosh armored vehicles were secretly filmed rolling onto the dock at the Yemeni port of Aden last week.

Armored vehicles are not your average transporter: they’re one of our military’s most up-to-date armed tactical vehicles, and many of them are almost certainly destined to bolster UAE & Saudi-backed forces in Yemen — some of whom have been accused of war crimes. This would be a complete violation of U.S. law governing arms sales agreements.

This is exactly how the conveyor belt of U.S. weapons into the war in Yemen works in practice. It’s been going on for years now, and time and again the Trump administration turns a blind eye while Yemeni civilians suffer the devastating consequences.

Right now there’s a sliver of hope to stop this horror: a key provision in a must-pass defense bill would suspend future sales of some of the most destructive weapons for one year.

We’ve got a tiny but critical window, and our team is lining up calls with members of Congress and raising the alarm in the media. We need your help:

Can you make a crucial $4 donation to help Win Without War stop U.S.-supplied weapons to the UAE and Saudi-led war in Yemen?

If you've stored your info with ActBlue, we'll process your contribution instantly:

The U.S. defense industry’s prolific role sending weapons into Yemen, which was approved and justified by the idea that the United States must support Saudi Arabia and the UAE, blatantly disregards the cost to Yemenis.

CNN investigations found that earlier this year al Qaeda-linked groups were armed with U.S.-made weapons in Yemen — even as the U.S. continues to fight al Qaeda in Yemen!

This not only violates explicit end-use agreements that dictate who can use U.S.-sold weapons, it also makes the United States complicit in war crimes when these weapons are misused.

YET, even as these widespread and well documented violations occur, new equipment is already being approved for sale. Just last week the Trump administration notified Congress of a sale of 10 Chinook helicopters for $830.3 million to… the UAE.

The U.S. defense industry has shown no hesitation in happily profiting off the prohibited use of their weaponry — but we’ve now got a crucial window to stop them.

We are working all day every day to demand Congress include the one-year ban on arms sales to the Saudi-Emirati-led coalition in Yemen in the must-pass defense bill and we need your support.

Can you make a crucial $4 donation to help Win Without War stop the U.S. supplying the UAE and Saudi-led war in Yemen?

Thank you for working for peace,

Erica, Kate, Shayna, and the Win Without War team

---

[1] CNN, "Under shroud of secrecy US weapons arrive in Yemen despite Congressional outrage"

Donate Like on Facebook Follow on Twitter

© Win Without War Education Fund 2019
1 Thomas Circle NW, Suite 700, Washington, DC 20005
(202) 656-4999 | info at winwithoutwar.org