[Disarmo] Fwd: [Video] 16 years ago today

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Annika London <info at winwithoutwar.org>
Date: mer 20 mar 2019, 21:04
Subject: [Video] 16 years ago today
To: Elio Pagani <eliopaxnowar at gmail.com>

Sixteen years ago today, the United States invaded Iraq.

Win Without War

Elio:

On this date back in 2003, the U.S. launched a devastating, costly, and needless war of choice in Iraq. Our movement mobilized massive protests in Iraq, the U.S., and around the globe. But we still failed to stop this catastrophic war. And that’s why a group of activists and organizations came together to form Win Without War. Watch our short video to see more about what we’ve learned since then:

Ever since the Bush administration started talking about invading Iraq 16 years ago, Win Without War has been building power to make sure our government never again makes such a disastrous mistake.

Win Without War members like you have worked nonstop to turn the tide of endless war. Together, we won the historic Iran Deal — and now we’re fighting tooth and nail to protect diplomacy with Iran as the Trump administration drags us toward war. What’s more, we just got Congress to vote to end U.S. involvement in a war— the terrible three-year war in Yemen— for the first time in history.

If we’ve learned one thing in the sixteen years since the Iraq War, it’s this: Not a single step toward peace would be possible without activists like you. That’s why we made a video to say thank you for sixteen years of tireless advocacy for peace. Click here to watch it now.

For years, Win Without War has helped lead the push to end U.S. support for the catastrophic Saudi-led coalition’s military intervention in Yemen. This war is completely unauthorized. It’s responsible for the one of the largest humanitarian crises ever. But powerful people in D.C. kept saying we had no chance of stopping it.

Until now.

In the past month, we got both the House and Senate to vote to end the war in Yemen — making it the first time ever that Congress has passed legislation directing the president to withdraw U.S. forces from an unauthorized conflict. Make no mistake: That victory happened because of activists like you.

Rep. Ro Khanna — who introduced this legislation in the House — called Win Without War’s work to end this war “instrumental” in The Nation magazine. [1]

Watch our video here to hear more from Rep. Khanna!

I don’t need to tell you that we’ve got an uphill road ahead of us. Together, we’ll keep working to end endless war, rein in Trump’s war cabinet, and promote a more positive, peaceful, and progressive foreign policy. And we’re grateful to have you alongside us in this fight.

Thank you for working for peace,

Annika, Stephen, Michelle, and the Win Without War team

P.S. We have a lot of work ahead of us, and we need your help. Can you chip in today to fuel our work?

P.P.S. If you can’t chip in, can you email this video to 3 friends or share it on Facebook or Twitter?

---

[1] The Nation, "Q&A: Congress Takes a Historic Step to End the War on Yemen"

Donate Like on Facebook Follow on Twitter

Win Without War is a project of the Center for International Policy.
1 Thomas Circle NW, Suite 700, Washington, DC 20005
(202) 656-4999 | info at winwithoutwar.org