[Diritti] Fwd: Aug 18, 23:59 | 200.000 times thank you for your support!

ultime ore per firmare l'iniziativa dei cittadini europei per la libertà sui media su www.mediainitiative.eu

Nicola

Today, Aug 18, 23:59

We thank you for your support, for following, sharing and signing this European Citizen's Initiative for Media Pluralism!

True, it is not yet 23:59, and our time is not yet up, but the end of our initiative is now rapidly approaching. We only have another 9 hours on the clock.

Since Aug 19, 2013 we have mobilised European citizen's in defense of their fundamental right to free and pluralistic information. We have organised meetings, panels, and pan-European demonstrations. We were present at conferences, political rally's, on squares and in parks. Our aim was, and will remain, to make sure that requests for help will be heard in the institutions in Brussels, and that violations of press freedom in EU member states will not remain unnoticed!

BULGARIA
In Bulgaria the overlap between economic, political and media power was the main focus of the campaign. And Dylian Peevski. Of course. A lot of Peevski.

CYPRUS
In Cyprus our campaigners have been active at events and on the streets to collect heaps and heaps of paper signatures.

ENGLAND
In England we campaigned against monopolisation and
culture of mutual interest between the press, senior politicians​ and police in the UK - See more at: http://www.mediainitiative.eu/website/the-uk-media-factory/#sthash.rMJQKTgb.dpuf
the culture of mutual interests between the press and senior politicians, and for fair and balanced representations in the media.

GERMANY
In Germany we called for solidarity, and printed multiple issues of the 'Freie Medien Kurier', a special newspaper spread at demonstrations in support of press freedom in Bulgaria and Hungary.

HUNGARY
In Hungary, a country where press freedom is under continued pressure, we received great creative output from a poetry slam: Sajtószabadság slam!

ITALY
In Italy, besides many other campaigns, we made a bit of fun of Berlusconi's conviction and social service: #Affidateloanoi! Let him work for us!

THE NETHERLANDS
We were invited to the International Day for Press Freedom on May 3rd, and a debate organised by ProDemos. To raise attention we started a signature selfie campaign.

SLOVENIA
In Ljubljana the citizen's initiative was really about citizens as our campaigners picked up a camera and asked people on the street what they think about press freedom.

Every campaigner, and every volunteer that worked on the European Initiative for Media Pluralism gave everything he/she had, and we are proud of our results. Today at 23:59 we will probably have around 200.000 signatures. That are 200.000 European citizen's that joined our campaign for press freedom and media pluralism! In every European country we called upon citizens to sign the initiative, and in every European country citizens responded.

In appreciation of all the work our campaigners did, I have one last request: please visit our Facebook page or Twitter stream and share our messages for press freedom one last time! Perhaps we can make it beyond 200.000 still...

On behalf of all campaigners and volunteers,

200.000 times thank you for your support!

Hilde van Meegdenburg
--
ps. press freedom and media pluralism are fundamental rights, rights that are worth defending. As European Initiative for Media Pluralism we will continue our fight for these fundamental rights. In the near future we will inform you about our next steps, and how we will ensure that press freedom remains high on the European political agenda. All you have to do is stay on this email list, and we will know where to find you.
Share

-------- European Citizens' Initiative New Deal 4 Europe --------------------------------
Website:              www.newdeal4europe.eu
Twitter EU:        www.twitter.com/NewDeal4Europe
Twitter IT:          www.twitter.com/NewDeal4EU_IT
Twitter DE:        www.twitter.com/NewDeal4EU_DE
Facebook EU:     www.facebook.com/NewDeal4Europe
Facebook IT:       www.facebook.com/NewDeal4EuropeItalia
Facebook BE:     www.facebook.com/NewDeal4EuropeBelgium
Facebook DE:     www.facebook.com/NewDeal4EuropeDeutschland
GooglePlus:        plus.google.com/+NewDeal4EuropeEurope
Flickr:                 www.flickr.com/photos/NewDeal4Europe
Youtube:             www.youtube.com/NewDeal4Europe
Email:                 info at newdeal4europe.eu

Nicola Vallinoto on about.me