Fwd: (GasPiana) I: [Costruiamo] contro Monsanto

2012/3/4 laura

in Usa giudici stanno decidendo dalla parte di Monsanto rigurado le contaminazioni geniche - c'è una raccolta di firme a supporto dei contadini -  firma e fai girare se puoi, grazie
laura

Judge Sides With Monsanto, Ridicules Farmers' Rights -- Tell Monsanto, "I Stand with Farmers"!

Dear Doris

Over the weekend, we received the disappointing news that federal Judge Naomi Buchwald decided to dismiss the case of family farmers versus the chemical and biotech seed giant Monsanto. In Organic Seed Growers and Trade Association (OSGATA) et al v. Monsanto, farmers who grow our food sought, once and for all, the protection of the U.S. courts from Monsanto’s abusive patent infringement lawsuits.

In what can only be called a travesty of justice, Judge Buchwald sided with Monsanto, stating that the farmers overestimated the threat posed by Monsanto’s genetic contamination of their crops. To further show her contempt, Buchwald added that it “strains credulity” that these farmers, all of whom have declared the desire to farm without Monsanto’s GMO seed, could “nevertheless find themselves unknowingly” using GMO seed in “significant quantities” and thus face a potential lawsuit.

Despite this ruling, we will move forward with our efforts to make sure that more Americans learn of the tragedy that is taking place across rural America. But we need your help.

Please join us in showing solidarity with family farmers everywhere. Click here to say: “I Stand with Farmers vs. Monsanto”. These farmers need you now more than ever.

http://action.fooddemocracynow.org/go/545?akid=478.347819.mdMlo4&t=8

Buchwald’s ruling was an insult to farmers everywhere and we believe that her flawed assessment that organic and non-GMO farmers have merely imagined the very real threat by Monsanto, who has aggressively pursued lawsuits for patent infringement against family farmers since 1997, entirely diminishes the great lengths that the seed and biotech giant has asserted to instill a climate of fear among rural America and farming communities during the past 15 years.

Judge Buchwald ruling wholly fails to take into account the significant economic harm and loss of livelihood that genetic contamination by Monsanto’s uncontrollable seed technologies inflicts on farmers’ legitimate right to grow food that they choose without the biologically certainty of eventual contamination.

Don’t let Monsanto get away with another tragedy against family farmers! Join us today in helping expose the injustices that they inflict on farmers as a result of their belligerent behavior.

This lawsuit is far from over. Please show the plaintiffs that citizens everywhere have their backs as they move forward - they need your support!

Sign this letter to show your support for the brave family farmers who stood up to Monsanto and support them as they move forward in their case. If you have signed already, please share with at least 5 of your friends.

action.fooddemocracynow.org/sign/judge_sides_with_monsanto/

We knew this fight wasn’t going to be easy. We knew that we were up against the most aggressive Big Ag biotech company in the world. But the stakes are high, both for family farmers and the future of organics.

Already more than 100,000 Food Democracy Now! members have signed the letter stating that they support family farmers in their quest for justice and protection from Monsanto’s abusive lawsuits.

When we gathered outside the courtroom that on January 31st, I promised, “No matter what happens in that court, we will go forward.”

Today is that day. We have reached a point of no return, where America’s farmers, the environment and our children need us now more than ever. We ask you to join us in spreading the word.

Thank you for participating in food democracy,

Dave, Lisa and the Food Democracy Now! team

Further information:

1."Judge Sides With Monsanto: Ridicules Farmers’ Right to Grow Food Without Fear, Contamination and Economic Harm", Organic Seed Growers and Trade Association (OSGATA), February 27, 2012.

http://action.fooddemocracynow.org/go/544?akid=478.347819.mdMlo4&t=12

**** Riservatezza / Confidentiality ****
In ottemperanza al D.Lgs. n. 196 del 30/6/2003 in materia di protezione dei dati personali, le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio sono strettamente riservate ed esclusivamente indirizzate al destinatario indicato (oppure alla persona responsabile di  rimetterlo al destinatario). Vogliate tener presente che qualsiasi uso, riproduzione o divulgazione di questo messaggio e' vietato. Nel caso in cui aveste ricevuto questo messaggio per errore, vogliate cortesemente avvertire il mittente e distruggere il presente  messaggio.

**** Riservatezza / Confidentiality ****
In ottemperanza al D.Lgs. n. 196 del 30/6/2003 in materia di protezione dei dati personali, le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio sono strettamente riservate ed esclusivamente indirizzate al destinatario indicato (oppure alla persona responsabile di  rimetterlo al destinatario). Vogliate tener presente che qualsiasi uso, riproduzione o divulgazione di questo messaggio e' vietato. Nel caso in cui aveste ricevuto questo messaggio per errore, vogliate cortesemente avvertire il mittente e distruggere il presente  messaggio.

Allegato Rimosso