Zimbabwe - Correction

SITUATION WORSENING IN ZIMBABWE
(New version)

The following NEWS RELEASE was received on 18th February 2002 by ANB-BIA from the Office of the Superior General, Mariannhill Missionaries, in Rome.
The Fax is dated 16 February 2002.

«At around 19.50 hours, Very Rev. Fr. Provincial, Martin Schupp, CMM, informed me by phone that our Fr. Kevin O'Doherthy,CMM, and some nine other representatives of other religious denominations (Anglicans, Methodist, etc) were arrested in the second half of the morning, charged with contravening public order, according to which it is forbidden to hold meetings, and put into prison in Bulawayo. This follows an inter-religious peace prayer service and procession which had started at Christ the King Parish and was moving to other churches. They were able to get a lawyer but the case is being dealt with only on Monday.

Please pray for our Father Kevin, all other religious representatives and the people of Zimbabwe».

Please also spread this message wherever and to whomever can be of help in this case in order to help avoid the worse and even improve the situation in Zimbabwe: to governmental or non-governmental organizations, associations, groups or individuals who could be of help.

The Superior General of the Mariannhill Missionaries, Father Yves LaFontaine, CMM. adds a note: «I am just back from Zimbabwe and was clearly told that the situation is much worse than at the time of the last elections».

Veuillez nous excuser si vous avez deja recu ces textes
We apologise for any cross-posting
*                            ++++++++                              *
Le materiel contenu dans ce document ne reflet pas forcement les points de vue de l'expediteur. Celui-ci n'accepte aucune responsabilite' sur la precision des sources originales.
The material contained in this document may not be taken always to reflect the views of the sender. He accepts no responsibility as to the accuracy of the original sources.
Un homme meurt chaque fois que l'un d'entre nous se tait devant la tyrannie (Wole Soyinka, Prix Nobel litterature) *
                         --------
Everytime somebody keep silent when faced with tyranny, someone else dies (Wole Syinka, Nobel Prize for Literature) *
* Greeting from:
ANB-BIA   - Av. Ch.Woeste 184 - 1090 Bruxelles - Belgique
Tel (32.2)420.34.36-Fax 420.05.49 - E-Mail anb-bia at village.uunet.be
WWW: <http://www.peacelink.it/anb-bia/anb-bia.html>http://www.peacelink.it/anb-bia/anb-bia.html **************************************************************************