Islamic-Catholic Liaison Committee

ANB-BIA - Av. Charles Woeste 184 - 1090 Bruxelles - Belg
TEL **.32.2/420 34 36 fax /420 05 49 E-Mail: anb-bia at village.uunet.be
WEEKLY NEWS - SPECIAL ISSUE of: 13-09-2001

Here is a delaration put out by the Islamic-Catholic Liaison Committee, a committee set up by the Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue with representatives of International Islamic Organizations. A similar statement was made by other committee established with Al-Azhar. The Sheikh al-Azhar, Sheikh Tantawi, made his own personal statement condemning all acts of terrorism wherever they may be perpetrated.
Greetings

Paolo
anb-bia

DECLARATION
of the Islamic-Catholic Liaison Committee

As Secretaries of the Committee, speaking in its name, we condemn the horrifying acts of terrorism committed 11 September in the USA. We express our great sorrow at the number of victims and we offer our condolences to their families.

Such acts of violence are not the way to bring peace to the world. As religious leaders we wish to emphasise that the true basis for peace is justice and mutual respect.

Professor Dr Hamid Ahmad Al-Rifaie
President
International Islamic Forum for Dialogue

Bishop Michael L.Fitzgerald Secretary
Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue