Pacifisti Usa in azione

www.peacelink.it

From: UFPJ <info at unitedforpeace.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 12:11:28 -0400 (EDT)
To: <a.marescotti at peacelink.it>
ReplyTo: info at unitedforpeace.org
Subject: Time to Keep Building!

United for Peace & Justice

Dear Friend of United for Peace and Justice,

Click here or here for report backs from some of the actions

After three weeks that brought us to the brink of another disastrous war, PEACE WON!  Tens of thousands of phone calls, emails, petition signatures, visits with members of Congress, letters to the editor, vigils, marches and rallies turned the tide. While we can rightly celebrate the power the peace and justice movement has had, we must not squander this moment – it is a time to keep building! Please consider a donation to UFPJ, so that we can continue to keep our member groups and dedicated activists linked together for effective action and impact.

We heard from dozens of member groups and the work you did was amazing. Please keep sharing your actions and events with us by posting them on UFPJ’s website and liking our Facebook Page. Please forward this email widely. We need to keep up the momentum and continue building our movement in order to face future challenges.

There is no certainty concerning how events will unfold. Having averted military action, there is renewed faith that diplomacy is possible. We may see chemical weapons removed from Syria, taken out of the reach of both Assad and al-Qaeda. And one success at the negotiating table can set the stage for cooperation on other critical issues.

But the war lobby and the weapons manufacturers are relentless. Even as diplomats are concluding their conferences in Geneva, the CIA is shipping arms to the Syrian opposition and the warmongers in Congress are pushing for a war resolution. Please continue to contact the White House (202-456-1111) and Congress (1-855-68NO WAR or 1-855-686-6927) with our message “Diplomacy Not War.” Consider adding these numbers to your contacts list.

We cannot squander this moment! We must insist that diplomacy is pursued until the deaths of civilians by chemical weapons and conventional weapons ends, until the way is paved for the citizens of Syria to determine their future through nonviolent means, until those responsible for human rights abuses in Syria regardless of what side they fight on are held accountable, and until the humanitarian and refugee crisis caused by this tragic civil war is addressed. Nearly 7 million Syrians have been forced from their homes and are surviving on external aid. For their sake we must call for a cease-fire.

This moment, when the people are mobilized, is our time to alter aggressive US foreign policy and advocate for a balanced budget that prioritizes funding for our vital needs at home instead of wars abroad. Only a strong peace and justice movement can insure that this happens. Please contribute as much as you are able too so that UFPJ can keep you and the hundreds of local peace organizations across the country informed and ready to act.

Thank you from the UFPJ Coordinating Committee

United for Peace & Justice

Click Here to Donate!

Donations to United for Peace and Justice are tax exempt to the extent permitted by law. The Fellowship of Reconciliation (FOR) is UFPJ's 501(c)3 fiscal sponsor.  If you would like to make a donation by check, please make it payable to "FOR" and write "UFPJ" in the memo line.  Mail to: P.O. Box 607, Times Square Station, New York, NY 10108.