A CALL FOR PEACE, NOT WAR WITH SYRIA

www.peacelink.it

From: CODEPINK <info at codepink.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 16:36:11 -0400 (EDT)
To: <a.marescotti at peacelink.it>
ReplyTo: info at codepink.org
Subject: A CALL FOR PEACE, NOT WAR WITH SYRIA

CODEPINK

August 28, 2013

Dear Friend,

We are on the brink of yet another war-- this time with Syria. Without Congressional or Security Council approval, the administration is gearing up for military intervention. Before we cause more catastrophic damage to a country that is already reeling from violence, we must call on our government to turn to diplomacy as the answer.

Today, CODEPINK was out on the streets of the Capitol for the March on Washington asking for peace in Syria! Join us in calling upon President Obama to seek an immediate ceasefire and regional peace talks; provide massive humanitarian aid to over 2 million refugees fleeing the violence; uplift the voices of people who are already engaging in nonviolent acts of resistance on the ground; and halt arms sales to regimes in the Middle East.

We cannot save innocent Syrians by dropping more bombs on their homes. Military intervention will lead us into yet another endless war in a region already embroiled in conflict. We need to help end the violence, not escalate it.

Hoping for a more peaceful world,
Alli, Amanda, Kelleen, Jodie, Medea, Nancy K, Nancy M, Noor, Roqayah, Sergei and Tighe

P.S: We have an ongoing project geared towards helping thousands of Syrian women live safely in refugee camps. They still need your help!

If you wish to unsubscribe from this email please
click here.
CODEPINK respects your privacy. For more information, please view our Privacy Policy.