"What is happening to us is happening to others too. We are in the same situation as everyone else, Muslims and Christians, shoulder to shoulder, facing the difficulties," he said.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/world/327564/syria-islamists-warn-christians-as-new-patriarch-urges-peace

"We believe that Christ is always present in this region, which is where Christianity was born."

Il  Patriarca Yazigi ( http://www.sana-syria.com/eng/21/2012/12/20/458365.htm  neoeletto successore del Patriara Ignatius Iv Hazim, alla Cattedrale di Damasco ) informa che quel che succede ai cristiani succede anche a tutti gli altri siriani, invitando i cristiani a non lasciare la Siria.