Write a Letter to the Editor: Why I'm Marching on April 29!

<http://www.unitedforpeace.org>
<http://www.unitedforpeace.org>www.unitedforpeace.org | 212-868-5545 |
If you are having trouble viewing this message, please
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=112180483&url_num=4&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/article.php?id=3247>click
here.

<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=112180483&url_num=5&url=http://www.april29.org/>General
info
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=112180483&url_num=6&url=http://www.april29.org/article.php?id=3200>Download
leaflets
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=112180483&url_num=7&url=http://www.april29.org/modinput4.php?modin=8>Sign
up to volunteer
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=112180483&url_num=8&url=http://www.april29.org/article.php?id=3216>Transportation
info
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=112180483&url_num=9&url=http://www.april29.org/housing.php>Housing
info
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=112180483&url_num=10&url=http://www.april29.org/article.php?id=3233>Festival
info
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=112180483&url_num=11&url=http://www.april29.org/april29email>Receive
email updates
Please forward widely!

In just eight days people from across the U.S. will converge on New York
City for the April 29 March for Peace, Justice, and Democracy. Buses of
peace supporters from as far away as Wisconsin and Missouri are coming.
Connecticut groups are organizing a "peace train" to NYC.

Now it's time to pull out all the stops to reach those looking for a way to
speak out against the war but who don't know about the march --
particularly those within driving distance of NYC. What we do over the next
eight days can affect the decisions of thousands of people about whether or
not to march with us.

One powerful way we can reach people not in the movement is to write
letters to the editor of our local newspapers explaining to our neighbors
and
elected officials why we are marching, why we need to march, and why we
will keep marching until the troops come home and diplomatic solutions to
the
crisis with Iran are achieved. Will you write a letter to the editor to
help do that?

We've set up an online tool that makes submitting a letter easy.
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=112180483&url_num=12&url=http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/organizationsORG/ufpj/pickMedia.jsp?letter_KEY=434>Click
here
to get started.

The Letters to the Editor page is often the most-read page in a newspaper.
Together, we can shape the coverage of the Iraq war over the next few days.
This is especially important with the Bush administration's saber-rattling
with Iran.

If you are participating in an April 29 solidarity event in another city,
you can still send a letter. Just tweak the text accordingly, and be sure to
mention the time and place of the local event you are attending so that others
will learn about it, too. Please
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=112180483&url_num=13&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/addevent>list
your event on our online calendar as well.

If you have a blog or website, post a short statement on why you are
marching on April 29 (with a link to
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=112180483&url_num=14&url=http://www.april29.org>www.april29.org!),
and send it to us at <mailto:info at april29.org>info at april29.org. You can
also post your statement as a comment on
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=112180483&url_num=15&url=http://www.myspace.com/april29nyc>our
MySpace page.

If you are in the New York City area, please consider volunteering over the
next week and/or on the day of the march itself. We need hundreds of
volunteers to help with everything from distributing information to
collecting email sign-ups and donations. If you can help, please
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=112180483&url_num=16&url=http://www.april29.org/modinput4.php?modin=8>visit
our website to sign up.

See you in the streets on April 29!

ACTION ALERT * UNITED FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE
<http://www.unitedforpeace.org/>www.unitedforpeace.org | 212-868-5545
To subscribe, visit
<http://www.unitedforpeace.org/email>www.unitedforpeace.org/email

If you no longer wish to receive emails from us, visit
<http://www.demaction.org/ufpj/unsubscribe.jsp>www.demaction.org/ufpj/unsubscribe.jsp