Please forward widely!
Not One Penny More for War!
National Call-In Day
Tuesday, February 28, 2006
Call Congress toll free: 888-818-6641

President Bush has asked Congress for another $72 billion for his illegal
war in Iraq. This will bring the cost of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan
to almost $120 billion for 2006 -- that's on top of the $432 billion the
military is already spending this year, and in addition to the more than
$250 billion already spent on the Iraq war!

Call your Representative and Senators at 888-818-6641 on Tuesday, Feb.
28th, and tell them: Not one penny more for war!

Members of Congress are afraid to vote against this money because they
don't want to be accused of not supporting the troops. It is time to stop
using the troops as a shield for failed policy. It is time for the people
of this country to speak up and show Congress how to stand up to the
President.

Help us flood the Capitol Switchboard with calls for peace by forwarding
this email to your friends and family. (If you received this email from a
friend, please consider
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=85786094&url_num=5&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/email>joining
United for Peace and Justice's ongoing action network to keep receiving our
alerts.)

Bush's inane "stay the course" rhetoric has lost all credibility. There is
no course, no plan, no end in sight to this war. The U.S. is not making
progress, in fact, deadly attacks are increasing, and 2006 will be the most
expensive year of the war so far.

Like an addicted gambler, Bush refuses to get up from the table, begging
for more money to lay down in a game he can't win. But this gambler is
playing with our money and the lives of our family members, friends and
neighbors. The only way to stop him is to cut off the money.

Some members of the House and the Senate are claiming that Iraq is not
important to their constituents, that they are not hearing from people
about the war. Make sure they hear from you -- and everyone you know who,
like the majority of this country, opposes the war.

Make at least one phone call to your Representative or to one of you
Senators, but three phone calls are better than one!

To see how your Representative has voted on the war,
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=85786094&url_num=6&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/downloads/webready%20chart.xls>download
our Congressional Scorecard (in Excel spreadsheet format) by clicking here.

Visit the
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=85786094&url_num=7&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/article.php?id=3116>Legislative
Action section of our website to learn more about how you can help pressure
Congress to stop dithering and bring an end to this war!

As you tell Congress not to spend another penny for war, please consider
donating some dollars for peace. While Congress is contemplating billions
more in war appropriations, United for Peace and Justice is struggling to
raise the funds we need to continue pressing for all the troops to be
brought home now.

If each one of you could –- RIGHT NOW --
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=85786094&url_num=8&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/donate>make
a personally significant contribution of $15, $25, $50 or $100, or sign up
as a sustainer and make a recurring donation at $5 or $10/month, we would
have enough money to continue pressuring Congress, cover our organizing
expenses, and raise the volume of opposition to the war.

Follow the links below for more information on anti-war events being
planned around the country for the third anniversary of the Iraq War, and
on a massive mobilization being planned for New York City on Saturday,
April 29.

Thanks for your support -- together we will bring this immoral war to an end!

MARCH 15-22
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=85786094&url_num=9&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/3yearstoomany>Three
Years Too Many:
A Week of Local Actions on the Third Anniversary of the War
Visit our website for events calendar, resources, and more.

APRIL 29
New York City
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=85786094&url_num=10&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/april29>March
for Peace, Justice, and Democracy
End the war in Iraq -- bring the troops home!
Unite for change -- let's turn our country around!

ACTION ALERT * UNITED FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE
<http://www.unitedforpeace.org/>www.unitedforpeace.org | 212-868-5545
To subscribe, visit
<http://www.unitedforpeace.org/email>www.unitedforpeace.org/email

If you no longer wish to receive emails from us, visit
<http://www.demaction.org/ufpj/unsubscribe.jsp>www.demaction.org/ufpj/unsubscribe.jsp