[uruknet.info] - [daily information from occupied iraq] - [newsletter 21 Nov 2005 - Part One]

  uruknet.info
  «Ë-Ë“Ê Æ‰Ê·Ë
:: information from occupied iraq
:: informazione dall'iraq occupato

Yosfiya: The 21st Century Nazis Are Here
Sabah Ali, BRussells Tribunal
...-"I want the government to hear my question and answer me: why were we
treated like this? The police brigades broke even the electricity
converters, we do not have power for 40 days, of course water pumps do not
operate and the plants are all dead. Our animals were killed, our women
humiliated. They ask the women where did you hide the men, they grabbed the
children from their hair and throw them to the ground. Riyadh’s mother was
c! rying and begging them to leave her son; they hit her with the gun’s
end, they smashed his head with a brick in front of her eyes, now she is
dying. When his body was found it was skinned… Abbass was so old that he
could not even walk, how he would be a terrorist!! He was beaten to death
on the spot and his body was thrown in the drainage. When they searched the
houses they did not find any indication that any of them had any thing to
do with terrorism or weapons, so why? The government is working on turning
every body against it. It is encouraging ordinary people to resist by
treating them so savagely. They have no mercy. We have nothing left now,
nothing"...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=18044&s2=21>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: http://www.uruknet.info/?p=18044

Hugo Chavez and the Crawford Madman
Mike Whitney
Hugo Chavez seems to take great pleasure in tweaking George Bush’s nose.
He’s repeatedly called Bush a "terrorist" and disparaged the US as a
"terrorist state". Just last week, Chavez fired off another broadside
saying, "The planet’s most serious danger is the government of the United
States…The people of the United States are being governed by a killer, a
genocidal murderer, and a madman. He got that right...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=18056&s2=21>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: http://www.uruknet.info/?p=18056

US Official, reflecting the latest attitude of the US government, calls for
Regime Change in Syria "Diplomatically if Possible by Force is Necessary"
AMERICAN LEBANESE COORDINATION COUNCIL via OrbStandard.com
Speaking before students and faculty at the Maxwell School of Citizenship
and Public Affairs at Syracuse University on Thursday November 17, 05, the
Director of Public Diplomacy for Middle Eastern and MEPI Affairs at USAID
the Honorable Walid Maalouf reflected the latest attitude of the US
government! towards Syria by publicly demanding regime change in Syria—an
unprecedented demand by any US official. Mr. Maalouf’s diplomatic, yet
strong criticism of Syrian President Bashar Assad’s latest speech at the
University of Damascus is indicative of US frustration with Syria’s lack of
cooperation with regard to UN Security Council Resolution 1559, calling for
a complete withdrawal of Syrian troops from Lebanon, closing terrorist
groups offices in Damascus, securing its border with Iraq, and disarming
terrorist militias (i.e. Hizbullah and Palestinian camps.)...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=18048&s2=21>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: http://www.uruknet.info/?p=18048

The Salvadoran Option II
Whiskey bar
...It's apparent -- both from this story and from reports by human rights
groups (note the date on that one) -- that the U.S. and U.K. embassies have
been aware for some time that Iraq's Ministry of the Interior has been
turned into what the old National Guard used to be in El Salvador, or the
Presidential Intelligence Unit in Guatemala, or the National Directorate of
Investigation in Honduras, which is to say: death squad central...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=18037&s2=21>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: http://www.uruknet.info/?p=18037

THE LIE OF THE CENTURY
Michael Rivero', What Really Happened
...Did the government of the United States lie to the American people, more
to the point, did President Bush and his Neocon associates lie to Congress,
to initiate a war of conquest in Iraq? This question has been given
currency by a memo leaked from inside the British Government which clearly
indicates a decision to go to war followed by the "fixing" of information
around that policy. This is, as they say, a smoking gun. But the fact is
that long befor! e this memo surfaced, it had become obvious that the US
Government, aided by that of Great Britain, was lying to create the public
support for a war in Iraq.

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=18053&s2=21>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: http://www.uruknet.info/?p=18053

Germans: Bush misused data to justify Iraq war
Bob Drogin and John Goetz, Special to The Morning Call
The German intelligence officials responsible for one of the most important
informants on Saddam Hussein's suspected weapons of mass destruction say
that the Bush administration and the CIA repeatedly exaggerated his claims
before the Iraq war. Five senior officials from Germany's Federal
Intelligence Service, or BND, said in interviews with the Los Angeles Times
that they warned U.S. intelligence authorities tha! t the source, an Iraqi
defector code-named Curveball, never claimed to produce germ weapons and
never saw anyone else do so...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=18046&s2=21>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: http://www.uruknet.info/?p=18046

Willie Pete and the Theo-logicians of Empire
Lila Rajiva, www.dissidentvoice.org
The distant horror of roasting human beings alive translated comfortingly
into a kitchen smell. It was the characteristic smell of garlic that
betrayed the mushroom clouds over Fallujah as the dissemination of white
phosphorus. And I mean dis-semen-ation. One soldier said, "I heard the
order to pay attention because they were going to use white phosphorus on
Fallujah. In military jargon, it's known as Willie Pete. Phosphorus ! burns
bodies; in fact it melts the flesh all the way down to the bone. ... I saw
the burned bodies of women and children. Phosphorus explodes and forms a
cloud. Anyone within a radius of 150 meters is done for"...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=18031&s2=21>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: http://www.uruknet.info/?p=18031

More lives than a cat
Sploid
Bogeyman Zarqawi reportedly killed, again. The Jerusalem Post reports that
Jordanian terror guy Abu Musab al-Zarqawi is dead again (...) The ghostly
terrorist has been killed and maimed so many times that it's hard to keep
track -- all while being blamed with most every bomb blast in the Middle
East. In March of 2004, the Associated Press reported that Zarqawi was
killed "some time ago"...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=18040&s2=21>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: http://www.uruknet.info/?p=18040

Intelligence Authorities and Mafias Run the Iraqi Secret Detention Camps
Al Malaf, Al-Mendhar
Iraqi sources have disclosed a number of undiscovered secret prisons, where
Iraqi detainees are exposed to the cruelest types of torture, which is a
plain violation of humanitarian laws and traditions. On the other hand, the
corpse of a member of the Association of Muslim Scholars, who has been
previously detained by the Iraqi interior ministry forces, has been found.
17 corpses have also been found in a tunnel, which be! longs to the
interior ministry. Al Malaf Net sources have stated the locations of these
other prisons, which resemble Al Jadiriyah detention camp, where the
American forces found 200 detainees in a cellar, including women, who were
illegally detained without specific charges. They were exposed to beating,
torture and very cruel and inhumane treatment...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=18027&s2=21>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: http://www.uruknet.info/?p=18027

Urgent! Urgent! Breaking news.
The blood thirsty US army thugs attack a school girls in Mosul
A special blog from Mosul - Al-Moharer.net
The US blood thirsty invaders have launched a massive attack against a
girls secondary School in the City of Mosul 350 miles north of Baghdad.
Informed sources asserted this very morning, that the US gangsters army
surrounded and attacked few hours ago the Um al Mu'minin girls secondary
school in the village of Sindjar detaining and holding as hostages some 200
teen age scho! ol girls, and started to aggress and molest the Director..

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=18032&s2=21>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: http://www.uruknet.info/?p=18032

Urgent! Urgent! Breaking news :
The blood thirsty US invaders execute, in cold blood, civilians in the streets.
Aljazeera.net - Al Moharer.net
Informed sources affirmed today that the blood thirsty US murderers execute
in cold blood Iraqi civilians in the streets of Iraqi towns and villages.
The same sources ascertained that following the explosion of an IED near
the Iraqi farmers town of Haditha, west of Iraq, the US thugs sent their
war jets to bomb and destroy tranquil Iraqi houses on the heads of their
in! habitants in a blind and hysterical revengeful act...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=18030&s2=21>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: http://www.uruknet.info/?p=18030

With friends like these, who needs enemies?
Imad Khadduri, Free Iraq
There is no longer any doubt that the men that the United States has
installed in power in Iraq are monsters. Not only that, but they are
monsters armed, trained and supported by George W. Bush's administration.
The very same Bush administration that defends torture of captives in the
so-called War on Terrorism is using 150,000 U.S. troops to support a regime
in Baghdad for which torture, assassination and other war crimes are
routine...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=18051&s2=21>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: http://www.uruknet.info/?p=18051

Silent exodus leaves 500,000 Iraqi refugees in Syria in need of protection
and aid
Report, Refugees International
Little known to the rest of the world, the recent war in Iraq has created
large numbers of refugees who have fled to Syria, escaping the lawlessness,
harassment, and persecution that has followed. Iraqis, some accused of
supporting the Americans, cite attacks, kidnappings, and threats of murder
by insurgent groups upon themselves and their families as reasons for their
flight. "I was threatened that i! f I didn’t quit [a job with U.S.
supported employer], they would kill me. For our security, I brought my
family to Syria," one recent arrival told Refugees International (RI).
Others were maimed by the war, lost family members, and could not find
employment, making the likelihood of their survival alone amidst the
general insecurity in Iraq a near impossibility...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=18039&s2=21>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: http://www.uruknet.info/?p=18039

The Advocate
Andrew Stromotich, Dahr Jamail's Iraq Dispatches
...Although generally unreported, this physical and psychological genocide
is well underway and is being carried out by a U.S. Administration and
Pentagon learned in the powers of terrorism and civil divide. It is a
leadership willing to rape, torture, and murder much in the same way the
U.S. war machine did in Vietnam, and as in Vietnam (which saw over 4
million direct deaths and countless others who continue to die from the
arbitrary use of the WMD ! Agent Orange), this current illegal and
emboldened occupation will likely post similar genocidal tallies if not
made to immediately account for its activities and be held responsible for
these actions...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=18038&s2=21>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: http://www.uruknet.info/?p=18038

Saddam defence says ready to attend Nov. 28 hearing
Suleiman al-Khalidi, Reuters
Lawyers defending Saddam Hussein and his aides are willing to attend next
week's trial hearing, despite threats to their lives, if the government
provides them with proper protection, the team's leader said on Sunday
(...) Dulaimi accused his opponents in the judiciary of spreading rumours
that the defence was boycotting the trial so that they could appoint their
own defence lawyers...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=18035&s2=21>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: http://www.uruknet.info/?p=18035

GI Special 3D20: Rumsfeld Could Care Less - November 20, 2005
www.militaryproject.org
...The debate over the use of white phosphorus in the battle of Fallujah
took a new twist when it emerged the US Army teaches senior officers it is
against the "laws of war" to fire the incendiary weapon at human targets. A
section from an instruction manual used by the US Army Command and General
Staff School (CGSC) at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, makes clear that white
phosphorus (WP) can be used to produce a smoke screen. But it! adds: "It is
against the law of land warfare to employ WP against personnel targets"...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=18033&s2=21>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: http://www.uruknet.info/?p=18033

The Dirty War: Torture and mutilation used on Iraqi 'insurgents'
Kim Sengupta
...But more than two years after President George Bush officially declared
a victorious conclusion to the war in Iraq, the body count continues to
rise. Faced with an insurgency that shows no signs of abating, the US and
Iraqi government rely more and more on the paramilitaries. Donald Rumsfeld,
the US Defence Secretary, has said units such as General Adnan's commandos
are among "forces that are going to have the greatest leverage on su!
ppressing and eliminating the insurgency". Those on the receiving end of
some of this "leverage", however, describe terrifying experiences. Ahmed
Sadoun (not his full name) was arrested in the middle of the night at his
home in Mosul by government paramilitaries accompanied by American
soldiers. He was held for seven months before being released without charge
and left Iraq as soon as he could...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=18029&s2=21>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: http://www.uruknet.info/?p=18029

I can't think of a title for this post!
Khalid Jarrar, Tell Me a Secret
So... Did you read about the Torture house? ya, I am sure you did. Just
wanted to remind you of some of the reasons why people attack Police and
national guards.
Did you see the Italianos film about the use of chemical weapons in
Falluja? yeah probably. just wanted to remind you that a bunch of nice
readers called me a liar when I said that chemical weapons were used in
Falluja, and also in the airport battle in Baghdad, when I wrote about the
pictures that I saw of people burned while their clothes remained intact. I
knew about the use of chemical weapons in Falluja, because simply everyone
in Iraq knows, and everyone that was in Falluja knows it, and I remember
them describing it to me too...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=18028&s2=21>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: http://www.uruknet.info/?p=18028

A Constitutional Referendum that Wasn’t
Dahr Jamail
Did anyone else find it interesting that the results of the vote on Iraq’s
constitution passing (which occurred ten days earlier) were released on the
same day of the announcement of the 2,000th US soldier having been killed
in Iraq? On October 25, the first news of the day about Iraq across most
corporate media outlets in the US was that Iraq was celebrating the
approval of a new constitution. Just hours after this news, Mr. Bush made a
pre-emptive propaganda m! ove in an attempt to blunt the blow of the
incoming news of the 2,000 milestone, by telling a group of military wives
at an air force base in Washington "This war will require more sacrifice,
more time and more resolve"...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=18036&s2=21>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: http://www.uruknet.info/?p=18036

Tomgram: An American Tipping Point?
Tom Engelhardt
It's finally Wizard of Oz time in America. You know -- that moment when the
curtains are pulled back, the fearsome-looking wizard wreathed in all that
billowing smoke turns out to be some pitiful little guy, and everybody
looks around sheepishly, wondering why they acted as they did for so long...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=18041&s2=21>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: http://www.uruknet.info/?p=18041

'Peace Mom' Sheehan to Release Book
The Associated Press
...In a chapter called "The Peaceful Occupation of Crawford, Texas,"
Sheehan chronicles the daily events of the protest, such as being bombarded
with media interviews, the campsite wedding of two peace activists and
visits from celebrities Martin Sheen, Joan Baez and the Rev. Al Sharpton.
She also writes about her critics. "The right-wingers are really having a
field day with me," she wrote. "... What really hurts me the most is when
people say that I am di! shonoring Casey by my protest in Crawford. By
wanting our troops to come home alive and well, that I am somehow not
supporting them"...

<http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=18042&s2=21>Read the full article / Leggi
l'articolo completo: http://www.uruknet.info/?p=18042

<http://www.uruknet.info>www.uruknet.info: a site gathering daily
information concerning occupied Iraq: news, analysis, documents and texts
of iraqi resistance available in Italian and English.

You receive this newsletter because you subscribed it. If you think it was
an abuse, or simply if you don't want to receive it any more,
<http://www.uruknet.com/unsub1.php>click here to unsubscribe from the
newsletter.